2006 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Love my little 2006 XB
By DMichael on 05/07/10 04:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Camry Hybrid, which was great for fuel economy and comfy to ride, but the huge battery ate up all the trunk space and that was a problem getting several guitars and amps to rehearsals and gigs. I wanted something small but with max cargo space, so I gravitated to the XB. I was blown away by the space inside this little car. I recently drove from LA to NYC in 3 days, with 4 guitars, a banjo, a mandolin, a couple duffle bags, my miniature schnauzer and my little sister. We drove through desert, over mountains and through a day and a half of pounding rain, and I love that little XB even more now!

Take it from me -- You're Safe!
By theredhead6 on 04/16/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just rolled my Scion xb. it rolled onto the driver's side and I climbed out without a scratch! No windows broken, no roof or hood damage, no rear damage. Just point of impact (and it's not that bad really) and scratches all along the driver's side since it was laying on that side. This is a safe car, guys, and I'm a lucky gal.

Great Car
By LL on 01/13/10 10:29 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new and not one trip back to the dealership since. Very Reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive. Consistently getting 28-30 mpg. No problem with the windshield like some posts had mentioned. No problem with anything whatsoever. A/C works good even in the hot days.

I love my Toasty
By Toasty's Mom on 12/19/09 15:22 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a super car! I've owned many cars before, but none even come close to my stylish, fun, zippy little Scion XB. I've had my car for three plus years and have very few complaints. The most pressing is the number of times I've had to have my windshield repaired. Because of the angle it seems to attract every stray stone or pebble. Also, my ground effects have been damaged a couple of times (mostly my fault). Aside from that, it runs great, looks great, good gas millage, fun to drive, great stereo, I-Pod compatible, very reliable and totally COOL! I strongly recommend that any cool people, who want an equally fun, reliable and affordable ride, run, don't walk, and get yourself one!

xB Experience
By tree on 10/21/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

As a commuter vehicle this is the best vehicle I have found. I am above average in size and needed a vehicle with the best overall fuel economy. I averaged 33 mpg overall with this car. I drove it daily back and forth 50 miles per day to work. I would be driving it now however my employer provided me with a company car. It was low cost to maintain and on fuel. It is nice looking vehicle for a box and served the purpose it was purchased for. I would highly recommend the xB to anyone looking for a low cost, reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. If they happen to be 6'9" tall they can drive in comfort also.

The Little Workhorse
By David Harlass on 10/11/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for small deliveries and sales calls. I did not want this car, but it made sense financially. I keep very detailed mileage records and it never matters if you are highway or city it is always between 29.5 and 33 miles per gallon. The A/C matters little to my overall mileage, even with the A/C running. I have 80000 miles on it and only one small issue with a switch. It is exactly as it is promoted for an inexpensive vehicle and I recommend this car mightily.

Don't use the A/C
By Kat on 07/26/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fine for running around town. I am assuming the gas mileage is ok as long as you don't use the air condition. Which is Southern California is next to impossible. Once the AC is used the gas mileage is horrible. With AC use gas mileage goes down to about 14mpg. Overall an ok car for around town errand, but next time I will buy something with a bigger engine so the air conditioner doesn't kill the gas mileage.

Ban Boring! Unexpectedly Nice xB!!!
By Synthetic on 07/20/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, very versatile, reliable, economical, and safe. 1. Fun: with decent tires this handles like a mini-BMW. Firm yet smooth ride, with good cornering. Noisey, but the 160 watt stereo takes care of that. 2. It's a minivan & SUV with a cavernous interior. "Ten gallon hat" headroom and expansive leg room front AND rear. Both front seats fold flat creating a double bed (don't tell your teenager), OR fold the rear seats creating a minivan cargo space. 3. Toyota reliability and smart simplification. 4. It gets 30mgh city and 34mpg highway, its True Cost to Own is among the lowest in the world. 5. Dual airbag, ABS, stability control, brake assist, and great visibility.

2006 Scion xB
By Jorge on 07/17/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion xB brand new off the showroom floor. I have never had any trouble with it whatsoever. I average about 34 mpg. It still gets looks and questions from people and even though the engine could use a little more horsepower it's still a pleasure to drive and is very reliable. I recommend it to everyone I meet, especially to owners of the Honda Element which only gets about 22 mpg and has suicide doors for those who sit in the back seat. The Scion xB is definitely an awesome, reliable, roomy car that will fulfill anyone's desires for a reliable and roomy car.

What A Car
By dewey300 on 07/04/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

1st time a wrote a review on any vehicle, but I am so happy with this car I had to write a review. Very spacious interior, cool looking, quiet ride, dependable, can't say one bad thing about the car, wonder why Clark Howard drives one and likes it. You will not be disappointed with this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.