2006 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
my pip squeak
By Ken Moore on 09/22/05 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

As my grand-daughter calls my xB, a pip squeak, it goes good the motor won't snap a bean or neck, but the xB turns heads. Plenty of room for 4 big men and I get, with the modifications I've done, 41 mpg in town. I've got a bad back therefore I installed a drivers and passenger racing seats. Plenty of glass with excellent sight lines. I installed p215x60x15 tires because the automatic transmission needs another gear. But my toaster on wheels is GREAT!

What a car!
By Barb on 09/20/05 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. We got it for our son to drive but I have fallen for it and would much rather drive it than my Honda Mini-Van. It handles very well, zips in and out of tight places and has an amazing amount of room inside. Also, you range of vision is excellent driving this car. I know it is marketed to the Gen X'ers, but Toyota got this one right! Love the funky look too!

xB squared
By fjnand on 09/19/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just put in 1K after 3 weeks of owner ship. And no regrets at all this car is it for people who is concious about MPG and needs an all around vehicle. I bought this car as a commuter and running errands on weekends and so far it has been great. Interior materials and design are top notch. Great commanding view when stuck in traffic and back seat space is enormous. Could not have bough a more suitable car for my daily needs. Stereo is great and it's fun to drive.

I love this Box
By HattawayC on 09/14/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, at first I was a little skeptical to buy this car because it kinda looked like a toaster, but so many things grew on me after awhile when I saw the gas mileage, loads of interior room and endless acessories. This car is truly the real deal. On an 11.9 gallon tank this car can go on the highway about 325 miles roughly...at least that's what I calculated. I get so many compliments on this car. I just tell 'em you gotta' drive it to really believe it.

I Love This Car!
By Paintbox on 09/13/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Let me say it again! I love this car. I paint and finish woodwork for a living 90 miles from home. I put on lots of miles! Everything that fit in the box of my F-150 fits in my new paintbox except for the 6 foot ladder. (I haven't tried yet) I now pay a lot less for gas. The day I picked it up i had bought 5 old chairs, the salesman laughed. I said I haul lots of junk all the time might as well start the first day, they all fit with room to spare. You have lots of people stare, strangers want to know what it is, if they can look in it. It is a conversation piece. The only negative I have about the car is that on gravel roads it lets in a lot of real fine dust into the car.

Best deal for the dollar!
By Gisch on 09/11/05 02:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Before purchasing my Scion xB I researched and test drove many automobiles (Saturn ION, Honda Civic, VW Beetle, etc.). I travel frequently with my job and was searching for a good looking, reliable car with great fuel economy. I must admit my Scion xB has exceeded all my expectations. Because Scion let me build my xB I got everything I wanted in a car for less than $17,500. Gas mileage: I currently get 29 mpg in town and 32 mpg on highway. Despite the fact the xB has a 1.5 litre engine it cruises comfortably at 75-85 mph. The interior room in this car is huge. Rear seats fold for extra storage space. Car has amazing head/leg room as well. I have friends over 6 feet tall who fit comfortably.

My Little Boxter
By Jolene Reynolds on 09/10/05 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

From the first time I saw this little boxy car, I knew I had to have one. I sold a 2000 Lexus ES 300 for my Scion XB and I don't regret it one bit!

Ohhh Yes!
By D.A.Chase on 09/08/05 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Black Sand Pearl xB two months ago. I had researched it on the net for a long time and was impressed. On a whim I went and test drove it. That was it! It was so much fun to drive, I must have been grinning ear to ear. Bought it right then. Put on cold air induction, 6 CD stereo, security system, and a beautiful red & black leather steering wheel. Later put on 7-spoke alloy wheels. I love my car, I find myself just "going for a ride" it is so much fun. Great car! Cheap, well made, efficient easy on gas and my insurance payment dropped. Of course it is easy to park and people come across parking lots to look at it and talk to me. My two German Shepherds love it too.

Made the Right Choice
By Box Man on 09/08/05 03:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After visting this site for months researching all of my options, I finally went with the Scion xB and I am totally sure I made the right decision. The Element was big, clunky and pricy. The Chevy HHR was silly looking and well as a Chevrolet. The only real contender was the Mazda3 wagon, and this beat it in catagories I was looking at. It has more interior room and drove much better. Plus it's cheaper. It sits high (er than my Saturn SC2) and feels incredibly safe. You honestly can not beat this car in value. It comes with, pretty much, everything you could want standard. One thing that some hold against this car is the 1.5 4-cylinder motor, but trust me it'll move on the on-ramps and at lights.

My first new car
By Scion Lover on 09/07/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After driving old Subarus, Hondas and Toyotas all my life this is my first new car. Lots of room, quiet, great turning radius, economical, fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.