Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Most Helpful|
SUPER SCION!
By Katie

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is THE CAR to own! A friend let me drive his xB and I was sold. I purchased it when I was 59 years young (I'm now "60"!) It is comfortable, practical, fun, attractive, economical and dependable. I would buy another one in a heartbeat! Yeah, SCION - TOYOTA hit this one out of the park!

Favorite Features

Laugh as you go to the gas pump. This car gets a clear 30+ mpg in town and 35 and up on the road if driven properly! I LOVE IT!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements needed - just keep building 'em!

Still needs some work
By karmabad

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have to be honest, you cannot beat the price, and it's made by Toyota! You will not believe the amount of space this thing has, not to mention an amazing panoramic style windshield.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior, great gas mileage, cool looking dash, leather interior (optional).

Suggested Improvements

More horse power, and needs cruise control as a standard feature.

What A Car
By dewey300

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

1st time a wrote a review on any vehicle, but I am so happy with this car I had to write a review. Very spacious interior, cool looking, quiet ride, dependable, can't say one bad thing about the car, wonder why Clark Howard drives one and likes it. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Favorite Features

Alot of room for cargo and passengers. Great ride, quiet interior, fun looks.

Suggested Improvements

Put cruise control on as a stock feature.

You will survive an accident
By F B

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Scion XB. The first one, a 2004 w/ XM sattellite radio, I bought new. Had it for a 2 years. I was rear-ended twice, then the third time I was rear-ended by a full size Chevy cargo van going 45 mph. The car gave its life so I might live. It was totalled, I walked away. So, I got another one, this time a 2006. These cars do not go accelerate fast with the a.c. on going up a mountain, but the $30.00 to fill up the tank is the payback. I get around 37 mpg up here in the mountains of New Mexico. It goes in the snow, but deep snow would be a problem. Maintenance is easy, you can do it yourself, but changing the belts is a little tight, you need to jack the car up.

Favorite Features

Corners well, suspension is more of a "sport" tuning, or is that because I only weigh 145 pounds? Rides better with more people on board. I like the fact you can open the rear hatch and get to your cargo while it is raining, and not get wet. Great for musicians.

Suggested Improvements

seat upholstery seems to show wear a little quickly.

Love My xB
By jheiden

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Scion xB because I wanted better gas mileage than my 14 mpg SUV. I love the interior space and couldn't bear to buy a compact car. The exterior and interior design is great, and the xB is suprisingly quick from a stop. Second and third gear are a bit sluggish, but at cruising speed it will keep up with anything on the freeway. Its ride is very smooth and quiet. The A/C works great on mine, and I am in 115 degree heat in Palm Springs in the summer. The interior could use a few small tweaks, but is overall satisfactory. The low price makes the xB a fantastic value, and mine is getting around 32 mpg on 2/3 freeway and 1/3 city driving. I hope more accessories come out soon!

Favorite Features

The great gas mileage! Also, I like how it is extremely roomy inside and has a very hip design all around. The standard power doorlocks and windows are a big bonus, compared to other "low price" cars. It has lots of zip on surface streets and corners very well. It also has a very smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm. Cruise control and Radio controls on the steering wheel would be very helpful. The optional center armrest should be standard. Also, at night the entire cabin is fairly dark, and it is hard to see instruments. The cup holders are in awkward places and a center console/armrest would be nice for storage.