Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 284 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

A Great Runabout
By Rodger

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car replaced my beloved '95 Honda Accord Wagon which was wrecked, so I tend to compare it with the Accord. The xB excells in ease of entry/exit, price, fuel economy, head and legroom, cargo space when the rear seat isn't in use, 360 degree visibility, and ease of parking. On the down side, its engine performance is barely adequate, its ride quality is a little rough, it doesn't have much seat comfort, has a high noise level, and its handling in cross winds are tolerable but don't compare favorably with the Honda. In general, I like the Scion for local driving but miss the Accord for trips over 50 miles and cargo space with four people on board.

The overall build quality, fuel economy, handling in city driving, and ease of parking.

Make cruise control available. Give it softer seat cushions and a flat rear cargo area when the rear seats are folded down.

Love My xB
By jheiden

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Scion xB because I wanted better gas mileage than my 14 mpg SUV. I love the interior space and couldn't bear to buy a compact car. The exterior and interior design is great, and the xB is suprisingly quick from a stop. Second and third gear are a bit sluggish, but at cruising speed it will keep up with anything on the freeway. Its ride is very smooth and quiet. The A/C works great on mine, and I am in 115 degree heat in Palm Springs in the summer. The interior could use a few small tweaks, but is overall satisfactory. The low price makes the xB a fantastic value, and mine is getting around 32 mpg on 2/3 freeway and 1/3 city driving. I hope more accessories come out soon!

The great gas mileage! Also, I like how it is extremely roomy inside and has a very hip design all around. The standard power doorlocks and windows are a big bonus, compared to other "low price" cars. It has lots of zip on surface streets and corners very well. It also has a very smooth ride.

Hmmm. Cruise control and Radio controls on the steering wheel would be very helpful. The optional center armrest should be standard. Also, at night the entire cabin is fairly dark, and it is hard to see instruments. The cup holders are in awkward places and a center console/armrest would be nice for storage.

SUPER SCION!
By Katie

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is THE CAR to own! A friend let me drive his xB and I was sold. I purchased it when I was 59 years young (I'm now "60"!) It is comfortable, practical, fun, attractive, economical and dependable. I would buy another one in a heartbeat! Yeah, SCION - TOYOTA hit this one out of the park!

Laugh as you go to the gas pump. This car gets a clear 30+ mpg in town and 35 and up on the road if driven properly! I LOVE IT!

No improvements needed - just keep building 'em!

Kermie's Car
By Kathleen

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Scion xB handles well and is not affected by the wind, which is surprising in a car shaped like a box. I am getting 32 mpg city/highway combined. It is easy to drive and its seats are very comfortable and back supportive. My son's are all 6 feet tall or taller and they can sit in the back seat with ample leg room. This car is fun to drive. I have the Special Edition which is Kermit green so I get lots of looks, double takes, and waves from other xB drivers. I also get a lot of "what kind of car is that anyway?" It has plenty of cargo room, we hauled two weeks' worth of supplies, two adults, and a dog to the cottage we rent every summer. It is a decent car for well under $20,000.

My xB handles well and gets good gas mileage. I have lower back problems and the wrap around seats are way comfortable and very supportive. I love the Special Edition color, Kermit green. It has ample back seat leg room. It also has plenty of cargo room and the back seats fold flat.

The ride is a bit stiffer than what I was used to, and some road imperfections can seem jarring. Cruise control should be a factory option. At this time there are no bike racks that fit the xB. Floor mats should come with the car. The horn should sound when using remote locking system.

My First New Car
By Candi

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never really went in thinking I would get this car. After I test drove it, I fell in love. It's a nice smooth ride, a nice spacious interior, and what more could you get out of "the box" other than the features that come standard?! The sound is nice, I can use my iPod without having to buy extra connectors, and there's so much room in there I don't know how to use it! My next thing will be taking a road trip with it.

The aux port to hook up my iPod and the spaciousness. I'm still amazed at how big the windshield is!

Just for the sun visors to be a bit longer to catch the sun in akward places.