Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

My First New Car
By Candi

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never really went in thinking I would get this car. After I test drove it, I fell in love. It's a nice smooth ride, a nice spacious interior, and what more could you get out of "the box" other than the features that come standard?! The sound is nice, I can use my iPod without having to buy extra connectors, and there's so much room in there I don't know how to use it! My next thing will be taking a road trip with it.

The aux port to hook up my iPod and the spaciousness. I'm still amazed at how big the windshield is!

Just for the sun visors to be a bit longer to catch the sun in akward places.

I Hope It Lasts for 10 Plus Years
By Brian

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second new car purchase in over six years. The xB is easy and nice to drive, no thrills, but enjoyable. I do have complaints with the A/C unit though. It does not put out enough cool air in the hot Arizona summers. Also, I can feel the bumps on the road, but I can deal with that given the value price. Would buy the same model again if I had to buy over? Absolutely, there is nothing else on market with equal value in terms of pricing, size, and quality. I average about 27 miles per gallon (but A/C was on all the time). I don't care for the color choices or accessories. It needs a center arm rest.

I enjoy the power windows and locks. I like the door enterence and exit room. It feels comfortable when driving. It has lots of visual space to see my surroundings on the side and and in the rear. I like the radio features and steering wheel control features.

The A/C needs improvement (does not get cold when driving in traffic), improve the suspension, add more than three cup holders, the exterior door handles feel cheap.

Great Buy
By Lindsay

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for three months and have over 10,000 miles. It is a winner. It really is a great utility vehicle with a sporty feel. I have gotten 34 MPG on all freeway driving, I had an aftermarket cruise control put on it and built my own arm rest making it a great travel car. Its top quality, cool looks, and great performance will continue to make this a best seller.

I like the good fuel economy, ease of entry and exit, room for a large person like me, and quality, quality, quality.

Have factory installed cruise control, front dome or map lights, and a higher arm rest for normal sized people.

Extremely Pleased
By eholm

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Toyotas before and this one does not dissappoint. The ride quality is good and my gas mileage has ranged from 34 to 41 mpg (road trip). So far I have found no problems with build quality and the engine has a sort of "sewing machine motor" quality of liking to spin freely but being entirely smooth with no rough or flat spots.

I really like the interior - its room and comfort, particularly. I used to have an Echo, so the dash was no problem to get used to.

Can't think of anything major.

I Love This Car
By Rhonda J. Kuykindoll

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. It is so roomy. I am very comfortable driving my xB and I am glad I bought this vehicle. I was skeptical at first but when I test drove it for the first time I was immediately sold. It has a unqiue design which is why I also chose this model. Every time I see another person driving an xB I wave and they wave and smile back. It is fun to drive:)

My stereo system is so cool. I like the colors it displays as I drive. That is so neat. :)

Maybe a sunroof, but it is not necessary. :)

• SUV