2006 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
No Problems - Fun to Own!
By Mainer on 10/12/05 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned many new cars over the years, this is the first that has not had to go back to the dealership for a problem or adjustment. I'm tall and there's plenty of "people room", front and rear. The visiblity is great and the cornering is hard to believe - it doesn't feel the least bit tippy. Could use a bit more merging power for the highway but once going, it keeps up with high speed traffic very well. I'm glad I read the reviews prior to purchase as it persuaded me to try both the stick and automatic. The automatic is significantly quieter at higher speeds and I'm glad I went with it. I went with the center armrest and ipod stereo upgrades.

Love it!
By the provinces on 10/12/05 00:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Not only does this car have charming, if whimsical, looks, it's also a tremendous gas saver. We traded in our Ford Explorer for it and couldn't be happier. While the initial attraction to the car was it's great gas mileage and the excellent reports, we love its looks. We hear it's a "toaster," but I think it looks like a little British Taxi Cab. We have the black standard 2006 with very few options (just the mats, cargo mat, IPod plug). So far (we've had it since 30 September 2005), it's been dreamy. It was four-days-old and parked -- when someone first dinged it (parallel parking) and eight days old when a pebble kicked up and dinged the windshield. We're looking into a deflector.

Coolest Mom Ever
By Marg on 10/04/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Yes, I've now been elevated to coolest Mom status ever by by 10 and 14 year old sons. I test drove the car on their recommendation, and basically fell in love with it after the first drive! Why love..because I've been a van driver for 12 years and am now thrilled to be in such a groovy little car. My husband loved the price, the great gas mileage and the fact that his 6'2'' frame fit comfortably in the car. We had previously test drove even some SUV's which did not compare as far as interior comfort and size. The styling is smart and I love the appearance. The large interior feel of the car doesn't seem to match what appears to be a tiny car from the outside.

Small Outside, Huge Inside
By ANTONIO GUERRA on 10/04/05 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. I need a roomy, comfortable car for my business and was originally planning to buy a Lincoln to replace my aging Ford van. I test drove the Scion xB on a whim, and completely fell in love with it. I found that it has more head and leg room, front and back, than the Lincoln I took for a spin, and it's a lot more fun to drive. My customers love riding in it...no matter how big they are, they have plenty of room to stretch out. I don't get very good gas mileage because of the type of driving I have to do at work and the way I drive, and I'm in South Florida so my A/C is always on. I can only imagine how much more gas I'd be burning if I'd bought that Lincoln.

Thanks Scion
By bigy on 10/03/05 15:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The new 2006 Scion xB is the best small car for local driving. It is great on gas and easy and fun to drive. I looked at tons of cars, this was my choice, and I made the right choice. I have driven one for a month and 2,000 miles and it still makes me happy.

This Car is the Greatest
By KATIEJ on 09/30/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ohh this car is great! I mean, you really can't get any better. You have the size of a car, the space of an SUV and the looks of a unique car. It's so totaly great! Buy one. I'm plan on getting another one when my daughter turns 16 next month. You can also trick them out like crazy! There are so many different styles. We will have fun and i'm sure you will too!

Best for the money I paid!
By ScionRider55 on 09/27/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car! MPG could be better for 1.5L engine. I like the space, shelves, large doors and windows, all included options, seats, radio. Some important to me things I did purchase and install by myself, such as: central armrest, multiple 12v outlet, map light, trunk and underhood lights. Planning to install good (not original) fog lights. That's it! At this point my project "Scion" will be finished. My wife loves this car as well.

The Toaster
By Flappers on 09/26/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

function, style and personality, all "boxed" up. Get the Manual, it's alot more fun to drive, and at only 108hp, the stick makes you think you have more. Currently 36 MPG and it's not broken in yet. Plenty of room for 4, but better yet, put the rear seats down and 2 big dogs each have their own snorkling window. Standard features are un-parallelled at this price point. Plenty of add ons available to customize. Quality is typical of toyota (solid)!.

The Scion Xb
By dada765 on 09/24/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had 2 Scion xB's. The first one I got was in August of 2004. I sold that one and took out all my little goodies and bought another brand new one. The reason I did this was because I got tired with a black car and always needing to wash it. So i got a silver one this time. The car is great. I would think more people my age would like the Scion xB then the old guys. Its a teenagers car.

Good stuff
By Nate DIGGITY on 09/23/05 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car early 2004. It runs great i have driven from Los Angeles to Denver Colorado. Lots of fun! No problems, A couple of trim and finish issues but besides that everything with this car is GREAT. I have the custom intake and exhaust. The only downside of this car is no pick up! However there is enough power to get through the Rockies in the snow without a problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.