Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Love My xB
By jheiden

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Scion xB because I wanted better gas mileage than my 14 mpg SUV. I love the interior space and couldn't bear to buy a compact car. The exterior and interior design is great, and the xB is suprisingly quick from a stop. Second and third gear are a bit sluggish, but at cruising speed it will keep up with anything on the freeway. Its ride is very smooth and quiet. The A/C works great on mine, and I am in 115 degree heat in Palm Springs in the summer. The interior could use a few small tweaks, but is overall satisfactory. The low price makes the xB a fantastic value, and mine is getting around 32 mpg on 2/3 freeway and 1/3 city driving. I hope more accessories come out soon!

The great gas mileage! Also, I like how it is extremely roomy inside and has a very hip design all around. The standard power doorlocks and windows are a big bonus, compared to other "low price" cars. It has lots of zip on surface streets and corners very well. It also has a very smooth ride.

Hmmm. Cruise control and Radio controls on the steering wheel would be very helpful. The optional center armrest should be standard. Also, at night the entire cabin is fairly dark, and it is hard to see instruments. The cup holders are in awkward places and a center console/armrest would be nice for storage.

SUPER SCION!
By Katie

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is THE CAR to own! A friend let me drive his xB and I was sold. I purchased it when I was 59 years young (I'm now "60"!) It is comfortable, practical, fun, attractive, economical and dependable. I would buy another one in a heartbeat! Yeah, SCION - TOYOTA hit this one out of the park!

Laugh as you go to the gas pump. This car gets a clear 30+ mpg in town and 35 and up on the road if driven properly! I LOVE IT!

No improvements needed - just keep building 'em!

Kermie's Car
By Kathleen

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Scion xB handles well and is not affected by the wind, which is surprising in a car shaped like a box. I am getting 32 mpg city/highway combined. It is easy to drive and its seats are very comfortable and back supportive. My son's are all 6 feet tall or taller and they can sit in the back seat with ample leg room. This car is fun to drive. I have the Special Edition which is Kermit green so I get lots of looks, double takes, and waves from other xB drivers. I also get a lot of "what kind of car is that anyway?" It has plenty of cargo room, we hauled two weeks' worth of supplies, two adults, and a dog to the cottage we rent every summer. It is a decent car for well under $20,000.

My xB handles well and gets good gas mileage. I have lower back problems and the wrap around seats are way comfortable and very supportive. I love the Special Edition color, Kermit green. It has ample back seat leg room. It also has plenty of cargo room and the back seats fold flat.

The ride is a bit stiffer than what I was used to, and some road imperfections can seem jarring. Cruise control should be a factory option. At this time there are no bike racks that fit the xB. Floor mats should come with the car. The horn should sound when using remote locking system.

My First New Car
By Candi

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never really went in thinking I would get this car. After I test drove it, I fell in love. It's a nice smooth ride, a nice spacious interior, and what more could you get out of "the box" other than the features that come standard?! The sound is nice, I can use my iPod without having to buy extra connectors, and there's so much room in there I don't know how to use it! My next thing will be taking a road trip with it.

The aux port to hook up my iPod and the spaciousness. I'm still amazed at how big the windshield is!

Just for the sun visors to be a bit longer to catch the sun in akward places.

I Hope It Lasts for 10 Plus Years
By Brian

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second new car purchase in over six years. The xB is easy and nice to drive, no thrills, but enjoyable. I do have complaints with the A/C unit though. It does not put out enough cool air in the hot Arizona summers. Also, I can feel the bumps on the road, but I can deal with that given the value price. Would buy the same model again if I had to buy over? Absolutely, there is nothing else on market with equal value in terms of pricing, size, and quality. I average about 27 miles per gallon (but A/C was on all the time). I don't care for the color choices or accessories. It needs a center arm rest.

I enjoy the power windows and locks. I like the door enterence and exit room. It feels comfortable when driving. It has lots of visual space to see my surroundings on the side and and in the rear. I like the radio features and steering wheel control features.

The A/C needs improvement (does not get cold when driving in traffic), improve the suspension, add more than three cup holders, the exterior door handles feel cheap.