Used 2006 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

xB = Fun
By RLC

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The xB is fun to drive in the way that my VW van was fun to drive. It has lots of room inside and it is cheap to run. Load it up and go to the beach, or river or whereever.

Favorite Features

I appreciate the good gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Every xB owner needs an armrest and cruise control. I would like to have a hitch on the back to pull a small trailer. Currently that is not possible.

I Love my Toaster
By lizzie

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is affordable, fun to drive, and unusual. This may be the best car I've ever owned, all things considered.

Favorite Features

The awesome sound system that comes standard. The ability to upgrade it to your personality also appealed to me.

Suggested Improvements

Tcould make the interior lighting better. It is very dark in the car at night.

Smart Design
By Ed

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car. I did not like it until I drove it, but then I knew right away that it was the car that I had to have. Unless you plan on drag racing, the engine gets the job done. The interior design is brilliant. The head room is amazing and the leg room in the front and rear is more than most SUVs. The rear seats fold flat to make room for cargo. The sound system is fantastic with the iPod aux hook up. The automatic was sluggish so I went with the manual. I get between 33-37 mpg depending on how much highway driving is done on each tank, much better than EPA estimates. For the price and standard features, this car is a steal.

Favorite Features

The fuel economy, leg room in front and rear seats, cargo room with rear seats folded down, stereo system, standard tinted windows, standard power windows and door locks, and standard keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

For the money that you are going to pay, it is tough to ask for anything more.

My Scion xB results at 11,000 miles
By Michigan_Mark

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car does what it should do. Its lifetime MPG is about 30 mpg. My xB's gas mileage improved after about 5,000 miles

Favorite Features

The big interior

Suggested Improvements

Avoid dealer options - they are of lesser quality than standard Toyota parts.

A Great Runabout
By Rodger

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car replaced my beloved '95 Honda Accord Wagon which was wrecked, so I tend to compare it with the Accord. The xB excells in ease of entry/exit, price, fuel economy, head and legroom, cargo space when the rear seat isn't in use, 360 degree visibility, and ease of parking. On the down side, its engine performance is barely adequate, its ride quality is a little rough, it doesn't have much seat comfort, has a high noise level, and its handling in cross winds are tolerable but don't compare favorably with the Honda. In general, I like the Scion for local driving but miss the Accord for trips over 50 miles and cargo space with four people on board.

Favorite Features

The overall build quality, fuel economy, handling in city driving, and ease of parking.

Suggested Improvements

Make cruise control available. Give it softer seat cushions and a flat rear cargo area when the rear seats are folded down.