2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Gotta Love the Box!
By cogerwd on 11/21/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We're an active couple in our 50's and were looking for a spacious, gas conserving car that could also carry our kayaks and bikes. We love the Scion xB. We should have the Kayak rack put on this week. Our bikes just do make it inside if their front wheels are removed. We are considering mounting them on-top. It's responsive, and to me has plenty of power. I ordered through the dealership and it took 70 days for my car to arrive. I got the 2006 polar-white, 5-speed with armrest and cruise-control. That was it. The total cost was just under $16,000. The reviews on this site are right on the money to me when describing this car. I read them before I test drove and purchased. I only have 200 miles on mine so far but I am extremely happy.

I Love, Love, Love this Car!
By Scikotic on 11/21/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving my 2006 Scion xB for two months now, having previously owned a Honda Odyssey. My xB is so much fun to drive, and handles corners so well, that I'm having a blast. My husband was hesitant, but is now thinking of getting one for himself! My college-aged daughters are begging to drive it during their school break. This car is really deceptive, being unbelievably roomy inside, handling the road well, and generally just zipping through traffic and into the smallest spaces. I added the rear bumper guard, cruise control, and an armrest, and really felt that everything else I would ever need was included. The visiblity is wonderful, I get from 29-36 mpg, and, even being fully loaded, insurance is cheap!

Proud Scion Owner
By proud buyer on 11/17/05 21:55 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Scion xB is perfect for both first time buyers and experienced consumers. It has all the you can want in a car for a more than reasonable price of $15,100. It comes standard with power evarything and a amazing Pioneer radio. It also comes with a port to plug your MP3 player right in so you can listen to all your music downloads. Its fuel economy puts it above most cars out there with 30-35 miles per gallon. Besides those features the Scion has massive amounts of space inside.

I Love my XB
By barb on 11/10/05 11:34 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Scion xB. Not only does it perform well and look great, but it does all the things I need it to. We camp a lot and all our gear fits in it and takes us up the mountains with no problems. It's a great little car with a big attitude. It's the best buy I've ever made. I would buy another one! I wish Scion would come out with a little truck...my husband would love that! It really is the best car I've ever bought and I love the way people look at it and come up to me in parking lots to ask about it and put their windows down at traffic lights to ask about it...it's great!

Great Little Box
By jimw0238 on 11/03/05 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

i bought my 2006 Scion xB 3.5 weeks ago and already have 3,100 miles on it. It is a lot of fun to drive. It looks small outside, but it is huge on the inside. I have already bought a lot of aftermarket accessories for it - which only make it even better. Mine is an automatic and it gets between 29 to 34 miles per gallon. This is an awesome commuter car and it likes to cruise at 75 mph, which is only at 3,000 rpm. The other day I burned a quarter tank and went to gas station to get gas and laughed when it took 3 gals to get back on full. I haven't had any problems in the wind at all - but the windshield does attract a lot of bugs. I love my box and it is worth the $16,719 that I paid "out the door"!

Luv my xB
By M Henry on 10/31/05 19:49 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It is a blast to drive and I love the way it handles. I didn't like the looks of it at first. Then I drove it! It has tons of space and it has a great sound system. This car has the heart of a much bigger vehicle.

Still Love my Black Box!
By Kelley on 10/27/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Scion xB since February 2004 and still love everything about it. The gas milage is great and I haven't had any trouble of any kind at all. I travel a lot and find it comfortable and easy running. I saw a white xB on a Tuesday and bought my black one the very next Saturday. I have lots of room for my grandson and my dog!

What a Car!
By Govind on 10/25/05 23:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2006 Scion xB provides a perfect combination of great gas mileage and space. SUV owners who don't switch to this are making a mistake!

Suggest Scion
By WAyne Van Zui on 10/15/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xB has so much room in the inside with comfort in mind. In many vehicles in this price range, power windows, power locks, etc. are an option. They are all standard in the xB. Although the engine is only a small 1.5L, it does have the get up and go that I need. It does have a little trouble getting up steep hills but this is only a small thing considering all the things that can be done with this vehicle. The drive feels like you are riding on rails. I get a lot of compliments from people who like this car, but as you will find either you like this car or you don't. Many people criticize it for being too boxy, but for me that is the allure of it.

Not so Happy
By dee on 10/13/05 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Scion xB has a bumpy ride. I've only had it since May 2005. I thought it was a fun car in the beginning but it has no pickup upon take off. Is anybody else having the same problem?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.