Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Very Cool Car
By NorthernBerksPA

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great! I love all the room inside. It is much easier to get get in and out of than other cars. It's got enough power to get ya going, but it could be better. It has a solid ride and it handles well. It gets very good gas mileage. Once you get used to it, that speedometer is really at a good place. You don't have to look too far away from the road, to see how fast you're going. Nice idea!

I love the way that you feel when you sit inside. It feels like you are almost as high as an SUV, but still the body sits low to the road! The speedometer is neat. The room inside is great! I love that square look, it's just my style.

Well, it could have a sunroof. The keyless entry could open all the doors. It's a drag to have to open the drivers door, to unlock the rest of the doors, especially when it's raining, and you just went shopping, and need to put your groceries in the back! It needs better front seat backs, they are sort of uncomfortable

Love my BOX
By ciscokid1970

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Is the best "car" I have ever had. It gets excellent gas mileage, 29 mpg city with the AC on and in heavy stop and go traffic, and 36 mpg highway. It is roomy on the inside yet, easy to park. It has an excellent price for such a quality built product. I love the BOX look. It is great to buy a statement car for working man's money. I changed the speakers to improve the sound and added Dynamat to reduce the noise. I replaced the exhaust resonator with something quieter. I love the ride now.

The great gas mileage, how it is roomy enough for 5 TALL adults, and the Toyota reliability.

I wish they had a hybrid version. It could use better lighting inside. It could have better noise isolation. The paint could be thicker.

xB = Fun
By RLC

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The xB is fun to drive in the way that my VW van was fun to drive. It has lots of room inside and it is cheap to run. Load it up and go to the beach, or river or whereever.

I appreciate the good gas milage.

Every xB owner needs an armrest and cruise control. I would like to have a hitch on the back to pull a small trailer. Currently that is not possible.

I Love my Toaster
By lizzie

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is affordable, fun to drive, and unusual. This may be the best car I've ever owned, all things considered.

The awesome sound system that comes standard. The ability to upgrade it to your personality also appealed to me.

Tcould make the interior lighting better. It is very dark in the car at night.

Smart Design
By Ed

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car. I did not like it until I drove it, but then I knew right away that it was the car that I had to have. Unless you plan on drag racing, the engine gets the job done. The interior design is brilliant. The head room is amazing and the leg room in the front and rear is more than most SUVs. The rear seats fold flat to make room for cargo. The sound system is fantastic with the iPod aux hook up. The automatic was sluggish so I went with the manual. I get between 33-37 mpg depending on how much highway driving is done on each tank, much better than EPA estimates. For the price and standard features, this car is a steal.

The fuel economy, leg room in front and rear seats, cargo room with rear seats folded down, stereo system, standard tinted windows, standard power windows and door locks, and standard keyless entry

For the money that you are going to pay, it is tough to ask for anything more.

• SUV