Used 2006 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

This Is It
By Mike Smith

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

There's no denying it. This thing is cool. There is so much you can do to it. I put on Momo rims, a new steering wheel, a different shifter, improved seats, everything Momo, and it looks SWEET. This makes an awesome dub car. Plus, I put a few goodies under the hood, so now it has about 224 hp. I'm not trading this baby for anything

Favorite Features

The looks, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Like what?!

Good Cheap Transportaion
By cjb

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive over 40,000 miles a year and was looking for something with good gas mileage. I bought the xB for the cargo space. With the back seats folded down, it can carry a lot of cargo. I have been averageing 30 mpg or better in a mix of highway and city driving. The car has a little pep as long as you smash the pedal to the floor. Overall it's been a good cheap form of transportaion.

Favorite Features

The good gas mileage and how there is more space than you think inside.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a little more power. Also the front rake of the windshield is horrible. In three months I already have nine rock chips and long crack in the glass.

Amazing Little Box
By John

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

For the exterior size, the interior is huge. Its large doors and low seating enable easy entry and exit. It has excellant visibility. With the rear seats down, there is all kinds of room for groceries, etc.

Favorite Features

It gets good gas mileage. I like how it has interior room for four actual full size adults, not 2 + 2 vertically challenged folks. It is easy to drive and park in town. It's just plain fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Put the 2.0L engine in it, and leave the rest alone. It works.

Very Cool Car
By NorthernBerksPA

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great! I love all the room inside. It is much easier to get get in and out of than other cars. It's got enough power to get ya going, but it could be better. It has a solid ride and it handles well. It gets very good gas mileage. Once you get used to it, that speedometer is really at a good place. You don't have to look too far away from the road, to see how fast you're going. Nice idea!

Favorite Features

I love the way that you feel when you sit inside. It feels like you are almost as high as an SUV, but still the body sits low to the road! The speedometer is neat. The room inside is great! I love that square look, it's just my style.

Suggested Improvements

Well, it could have a sunroof. The keyless entry could open all the doors. It's a drag to have to open the drivers door, to unlock the rest of the doors, especially when it's raining, and you just went shopping, and need to put your groceries in the back! It needs better front seat backs, they are sort of uncomfortable

Love my BOX
By ciscokid1970

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Is the best "car" I have ever had. It gets excellent gas mileage, 29 mpg city with the AC on and in heavy stop and go traffic, and 36 mpg highway. It is roomy on the inside yet, easy to park. It has an excellent price for such a quality built product. I love the BOX look. It is great to buy a statement car for working man's money. I changed the speakers to improve the sound and added Dynamat to reduce the noise. I replaced the exhaust resonator with something quieter. I love the ride now.

Favorite Features

The great gas mileage, how it is roomy enough for 5 TALL adults, and the Toyota reliability.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had a hybrid version. It could use better lighting inside. It could have better noise isolation. The paint could be thicker.