2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Had to Have It
By thaddeus on 01/02/06 21:21 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Go buy the Scion xB. You know you want one. Here's the deal: this is THE best built, no frills (unless you upgrade) big car hiding in a samll car's body. It's tiny on the outside, but so spacious inside. True, you're not going to win any drag races in this thing, but it will get you to work, the grocery store, out on the town etc.. for the next 10 years! It drives great and is soooo good on the gas. Plus it looks cool. Go buy one. I'm going to get another for the wifey.

The Perfect Vehicle
By Fixup on 12/27/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I saw these cars before, but I thought it was junk - a big box usually means junky, burning of fuel, bad performance and expensive. I never wanted to know about it. A week ago I went to a Toyota dealer looking for a small wagon. They showed me a Scion xA. I got home and did some research about Scion and found the xB. Man, that junky box was exactly my dreamed car! A wagon for moving my stuff, small outside, roomy inside, fantastic MPG, with an incredible low price. It is very easy to rule out all other vehicles: SUVs and vans are too big and too gas hungry; sedans cannot take large stuff; other small wagons (including xA) are too small inside. Nothing else is this perfect.

Love my xB
By cor337 on 12/27/05 04:45 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Scion xB! I was hesitant at first, but this car grew on me really fast. It has great interior room and cargo space(60/40 split). It has awesome fuel economy and a great stock Pioneer 160 watt sound system. I opted for the iPod and Sirius radio and it makes my long driving even more enjoyable! I drive this car daily and it's a looker. I replaced the stock 15" hubcaps / tires with some 17" 7-spoke gunmetal rims. My xB looks and handles even better! Not to mention my 17" rims match the cool looking Thunder Clound Metallic Scion offers! I have fun driving this car everyday. All in all, it is a great and fun car!

Toyota Does it Again!
By runninone on 12/24/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is remarkable that a company can continue to build quality machines at three different price levels. I've owned an Avalon, Camry and now Scion xB. While the xB's engine noise is rather loud at times, it gives the driver a great deal of confidence in handling and relability. For the Eastern winters I purchased four Bridgestone Blizzack snow tires; the traction and snow/wet handling are excellent. My gas mileage is climbing upward as I break the car in I expect the gas savings to be a big plus. One gets the sense that this car is well built for the price. Above all, it will be cost effective and have great utility. I expect the Scion lines to grow rapidly.

2006 Scion xB
By Will on 12/22/05 14:09 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving the xB for a month now and continue to be very pleased with the purchase. As advertised, it's great for urban driving conditions, schlepping people and gear, and climbing hills--all while sipping fuel. It drives tight on dry roads...a little less so on snow/ice but still very acceptable for a non-4X4. Acceleration and cruising speeds are more than adequate for normal day-to-day sub/urban driving. Due to high revs over 75 mph, I would not recommend the xB to Montana drivers (they wouldn't give up their P/Us anyway).

Update of "Gotta luv the Box"
By cogerwd on 12/09/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 1,000 miles on my Scion xB now and I am still very happy. I took it fully loaded (4 adults, wedding gifts and clothes) into the mountains of Asheville, NC. It strained a little on the biggest hill but ran great. I still averaged almost 35 mpg! I had kayak racks installed and it did increase the noise some, but that was the same with my Explorer. I enjoy the sound system more each time I hear it and the 5-speed transmission is just plain fun though 1st gear is a quick shift thru to second. Everyone who has ridden in this car loved it, including me. (g)

Hulking Ccion
By albert on 11/28/05 16:54 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I feel like Alice in wonderland...the car looks so small from the outside but once you settle inside and drive, you have more than enough room and the view of the road is like widescreen panaramic scene.

I LOVE it.
By Red on 11/27/05 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE my Scion xB SUV. Yeah that's right my SUV. Small Ugly Vehicle. It is responsive, stylish, and fun to drive. Its fit and finish is quite good for a "CHEAP" car. It is a real hoot to drive. It is a wee bit sluggish on passing on the highway, but other than that its wonderful. It has pleanty of room and a interior layout. I like this little box a great deal and would not hesitate to tell others how good it is.

Utility Defined
By usedtowearabox on 11/22/05 13:54 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I know that Scion is marketed toward youngsters, but this "box" is too good to pass up. It has excellent fuel economy and handling, and beaucoup room, plus Toyota fit, finish, and reliability. It takes curves like a slot car. all for a price less than one would pay for a bone stock Civic or a loaded Kia. Yes, there are lots of options for the kids, but they are mainly useless gimicks and shiny trinkets. All you need (and more) comes standard: air comditioning, power everything, keyless entry, a 160 watt Pioneer stereo (so I can listen to Click and Clack at a volume that will bring down low flying Aircraft), stability and traction control. I am very very pleased with it, mine gets 34 mpg in mixed driving.

2006 Scion xB
By randolph on 11/21/05 19:34 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

WOW best describes the Scion xB. It has lots of room, sufficient get up and go for a 4-cylinder car, and you gotta love that gas mileage. I got 31 mpg on the first tank of gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.