Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 286 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

New Surprises Every Day
By Frank

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a bargain for the price. It has many standard features and the one I purchased (thankfully) had factory cruise and arm rest (definite necessities). I bought this solely as a commuter car that is also spacious enough to get kids in and out of the car seats. There is ample room for both driver and passengers. I can average 32 mpg without a lead foot and do a lot of gliding to stops and about 28 mpg if at full throttle all the time. This doubles the gas mileage compared to my previous truck. The handling is superb and unfortunately you would expect it matched with a much peppier engine. But a larger engine would kill the gas mimleage, so that's an expected trade off.

I found a lot of new surprises. There is a special place to store your garage remote, radio has ASL (ambient sound leveling) that automatically raises and lowers the volume when highway noise is high or low, and there is a gas card holder in the CD storage compartment. I don't know how they think up this stuff!

Not a whole lot because my wish list would seriously increase the price of the car, but here goes: add a built-in drop down DVD player with monitors, A hybrid version would take care of slow acceleration and improve gas mileage... HINT! HINT! HINT! to Toyota!

It's Fun
By vic m.

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the box. It has so much room and how you're seated provides a great view of the road. Its leg room is excellent, even in the back seat. I have a son who's 350 lbs. + and 6'3" and he loves the room. It has a great stereo. It feels good on the road, it is as much fun to drive as my first Bug that I got back in 1973. So many people want to sit in it and drive it, Toyota should be paying me. A work associate who is almost six feet nine inches tall said it was the first vehicle he ever got in in his life he did not have to duck to get into. And the 33 mpg is great.

The stereo, electric windows - even the rear ones go all the way down, remote locks, electric mirrors, intermitent wipers standard, and good air conditioning. I love it!

It needs more interior light and back lights for the elecronics.

Scion
By StevenR510

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great in town. We have never taken it on a long road trip. It is a little sluggist on hills though. It has lots of interior room. It is fun to drive and attracts lots of attention.

The interior room and how easy it is to enter and exit.

Give it a little more power and a high armrest.

I LOVE This BOX!
By FoxNBox

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a car with more space for hauling and something that would get good gas mileage too. My Scion xB has exceeded all my dreams. My car is getting 35 mpg in the city! It is fun to drive; it handles great, and its visibility is amazing. It's litte on the outside (a dream to park!) and huge on the inside. I don't know how they do it but glad they did. I had a sunroof installed and love it, with the satelite XM radio, or my iPod playing through the speakers, sunroof open...it just doesnt get any better! Also, this car is SO easy to get in and out of. Senior passengers LOVE it! If you want a fun, zippy, roomy, inexpensive car for running around, I highly recommend it! I love this car. :-)

The interior space, fuel economy, visibility, ergonomics, and "fun factor".

I would have to quote a song to Scion, "Don't change a hair for me, not if you care for me!" LOL. 1,423 miles and haven't found anything I don't like yet.

I Love My Box!
By Damon

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car to own, I love it! I bought it to have a reliable car to get back and forth to work with. Now that I have it I don't think I will ever want to get rid of it. For the price and standard features you get, I was simply amazed. $15,200 out the door (that's tax tags and everything!) I do not recommend getting options from the dealer. The extras are so overpriced (armrest, leather steering wheel..etc) unless you want them rolled up in the loan amount, get them off eBay from a reputable seller. I've done a lot of things to my box to personalize it, but just the standard car is great! I didn't like these when I first saw them, but once I went to the dealership I feel in love!

The look, the space, and all the standard options. I like how it comes with power everything, A/C, 160 watt stereo, the awesome paint job, etc... Just go look at one yourself, these things rock!

My first and foremost suggestion would be for Toyota to keep this model around longer (2006 is last year)! This is the 21st century's VW Bug. Once you have this car you will see that it is different than any other in the past. It becomes something else and you just can't see ever getting rid of it!