Used 2006 Scion xB Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

150,000 and still going...
By greeneguy63

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I still love my 2006 Scion xB. It is about to turn 9 years old in a couple of months. I drive it a lot and it still gets about 30 mpg city and 34 highway. I am going to get it painted and hopefully keep it another 9 years. It is very roomy and I use it for my small business. I can't find another one with this much cargo space and I definitely don't want a car payment ever again.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfortable seats. Decent stereo and or conditioner still works!

Suggested Improvements

None, they tried to improve it nod got a worse product in my opinion

Love my toaster car!
By jacksgrandma

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion XB brand new in "06 with 6 miles on the speedometer. I use it like a cargo van for my business. It can hold two huge white Igloo ice chests with room to spare plus two bikes and a kayak on top for camping. I had mine fitted with a Yakima rack system on top. I get great milage unless its loaded down. Normal Hwy is 36 mpg with two people and minimal baggage. It only gets about twenty when loaded down, but wth, It beats driving my one ton truck.

Favorite Features

I'm very Tall and this car has the head and leg room I need. Not so comfy for long drives but doable.

Possibly the Best Car Ever Made
By bagbag

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Xbox brand new in 2007 and love it. So far I've put 40k miles on it and have no mechanical issues with it. People still comment about its styling and when they get in it they are amazed at the amount of legroom in both the front and back. I don't know how they did it, but I swear this thing is bigger on the inside than the outside. It still cracks me up when I pull into a parking spot and the thing only fills up about half the spot.

Favorite Features

What is not love about it. Great handling, plenty of room, even though I'm, 6'4", and decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control should have been standard. They should go back to making this style vs. then new Xb.

Great car
By Great car

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I was an auto mechanic for 27 years. 147,000 miles and only front brakes, oil change and tires. Only thing i can tell you. It's not for sale. You need a great car buy one. Remember mine is not for sale. P.S. it's also fun to drive.

Favorite Features

30 bucks fills it. 37 MPG Plenty of room

Suggested Improvements

None. When your have a good car that runs good no problems I am not going to suggest anything. But i just love it. P.S I only paid 13,800 in 2005 off the showroom floor what a deal..

Great, sensible, affordable
By Erik

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very unique, Everyone comments on the "Toaster on wheels" shape of the car love walking out to my car, cant help but smile when i drive it around at 30- 32 MPG with a/c blasting against the Texas sun. Loads of room inside, ergonomics make a lot of sense. its very simple and roomy everywhere. (looking around before buying a saw a lot of them, if you are in the market make sure to check several things, the front and rear plastic clip on bumpers in many cases seem to get damaged and should be checked as getting replacements color matched will be expensive. Also beware of certain aftermarket wheels in some cases they trigger the Indicator lights b/c of the way it reads MPH.

Favorite Features

TONS of room Unique look Excellent mileage Stock pioneer sound system and head unit VISIBILITY

Suggested Improvements

No front lights near the mirror to light up the front, only has the one dome light towards the back Cheaped out on the interior door panels, could have done better there Not the fastest car in the world. but it will still cruise good at 80 around 3600 rpm once it gets there