2006 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Most car for you Money.
By kingmb08 on 09/22/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I always thought these toasters were so ugly. Well I needed a car and this car at the time you got the most for your money. I can fit a dryer in the back of this thing ( yes a dryer to for your clothes). I do feel less manly driving it but you can't beat the interior room, gas mileage and price. It is a little sluggish and I am hesitant to pull out in from of other cars. I think this would be a great car for a business or someone who just drives in the city. . I think this would be a great car for older people with knee or hip problems because it is so easy to get into and out of or for someone who is getting in and out of the car all day long.

**AWESOME BOX**
By uknowulikeit on 09/11/13 21:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

245,567 MILES and still going! I got this 2006 scion xb when I moved out 70 miles from my work. I ran this car for 5 years driving to work and back. I LOVE IT! Its really fun to drive and made my commute much easier. I got over 300 miles per tank. This is a reliable car.. All I can recall that I have replaced was 5 sets of tires and about 50 oil changes. Will never get rid of this CHAMP!

Best car/truck i've ever owned
By toolmanlan on 12/14/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I travel on the road over 35,ooo miles per year and have purchased 5 scion XB's,Best of all I've drivin,No major or minor complaints plan on buying another after this one dies,Have not killed one yet, always trade high miles to back to lower miles,only vehicle ive owned that still today i have seen many 2006 Scions advertised for more than list price brand new in 2006 with over 50000 miles on them WHY you ask,drive one or even get in one,2004-2006 only made for 3 years before scion screwed up the whole car nothing the same interior handleing room,seating,all messed up including the mileage,26-37 mpg,

Avoid this car
By rcc90 on 09/29/11 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car in '06. I will not ever buy another XB. We had one expense a year ago that ran over $600 to fix. Currently, we have a leaking water pump - another $500. This is a lemon! We had a slight bump up a year ago. A car bumped into us. The whole front bender had to be replaced. We didn't have to pay for this but it has made me realize how unsafe this car is. I hate driving it on the interstate. This will be our last XB. I told my husband we should have purchased another Camry.

Love my toaster car!
By jacksgrandma on 07/19/11 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion XB brand new in "06 with 6 miles on the speedometer. I use it like a cargo van for my business. It can hold two huge white Igloo ice chests with room to spare plus two bikes and a kayak on top for camping. I had mine fitted with a Yakima rack system on top. I get great milage unless its loaded down. Normal Hwy is 36 mpg with two people and minimal baggage. It only gets about twenty when loaded down, but wth, It beats driving my one ton truck.

Best All Around Car Ihave ever had
By marinerfh on 06/02/11 02:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Exceptional headroom and legroom, front and rear. Flexible cargo options with 60% split, folding rear seats plus passenger seat folds flat for those long items. I find the center mounted gauges and speedometer in the xB a definite plus, not obscured by the Steering wheel.. Could use an additional 4"-6" of space behind the rear seats, side airbags, more sound insulation, an upgrade to the economical 1.8L Corolla Engine, the split front bench seat as sold for the Japan market, and a true console. city car. The 2006 xB appeals to both youth and to seniors. Ideal car for service workers as well. The 2008-2011 xBs are too heavy with too big an engine, killing fuel economy.

Possibly the Best Car Ever Made
By bagbag on 04/14/11 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Xbox brand new in 2007 and love it. So far I've put 40k miles on it and have no mechanical issues with it. People still comment about its styling and when they get in it they are amazed at the amount of legroom in both the front and back. I don't know how they did it, but I swear this thing is bigger on the inside than the outside. It still cracks me up when I pull into a parking spot and the thing only fills up about half the spot.

good in a rollover
By ct84 on 03/09/11 07:21 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for almost 5 years and put 82K miles on it. I never had to bring it to the shop outside of oil changes, breaks, and a new set of tires. The car is very light and the wind can push you pretty hard. I got into an accident and rolled the car four times landing on the roof. I walked away without a scratch. ItÂ’s a good car for the money cheap to maintain but not very comfortable for long drives. The engine is very loud over 40 mph.

Best Car Ever
By forkdora13 on 01/11/11 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely loved this car. I bought it used and had it for a little over a year. I couldn't design a better car. It's small size and abundance of windows made it easy to parallel park. It was fun to drive - I never had a problem accidentally speeding on the highway or passing other cars. I could fit an amazing amount of stuff in the trunk (with seats down, of course). When you're sitting in the backseat there is an amazing amount of head and leg room. The wind didn't blow it around on the highway like it did my Geo Tracker (i was worried about this when buying another boxy car). Love it so much I am looking to buy another one right now!

Wheeeeeee!
By sk8teacher on 12/08/10 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my xB a year ago with 28K miles on it. Pure stock with automatic. Driving around the Northern VA/DC area averaging 32-33mpg, max mpg was a trip between NVA and Williamsburg - 38mpg. Ride is OK for a small car, handling fantastic. Keep the RPMs around 3K and your mpg will be great (that will give you 70mph on the highway). I call it my mini-truck. Hauls a LOT of stuff. I plan on running until it dies! Maintenance costs are a bit stiff if you follow the book and go to the dealer, but overall a fantastic little car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.