Used 2006 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

150,000 and still going...
By greeneguy63

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I still love my 2006 Scion xB. It is about to turn 9 years old in a couple of months. I drive it a lot and it still gets about 30 mpg city and 34 highway. I am going to get it painted and hopefully keep it another 9 years. It is very roomy and I use it for my small business. I can't find another one with this much cargo space and I definitely don't want a car payment ever again.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfortable seats. Decent stereo and or conditioner still works!

Suggested Improvements

None, they tried to improve it nod got a worse product in my opinion

Most car for you Money.
By kingmb08

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I always thought these toasters were so ugly. Well I needed a car and this car at the time you got the most for your money. I can fit a dryer in the back of this thing ( yes a dryer to for your clothes). I do feel less manly driving it but you can't beat the interior room, gas mileage and price. It is a little sluggish and I am hesitant to pull out in from of other cars. I think this would be a great car for a business or someone who just drives in the city. . I think this would be a great car for older people with knee or hip problems because it is so easy to get into and out of or for someone who is getting in and out of the car all day long.

Favorite Features

interior room, gas mileage, low coast ownership perfect toast.

Suggested Improvements

A little more pep in the engine would be nice.

**AWESOME BOX**
By uknowulikeit

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

245,567 MILES and still going! I got this 2006 scion xb when I moved out 70 miles from my work. I ran this car for 5 years driving to work and back. I LOVE IT! Its really fun to drive and made my commute much easier. I got over 300 miles per tank. This is a reliable car.. All I can recall that I have replaced was 5 sets of tires and about 50 oil changes. Will never get rid of this CHAMP!

Best car/truck i've ever owned
By toolmanlan

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I travel on the road over 35,ooo miles per year and have purchased 5 scion XB's,Best of all I've drivin,No major or minor complaints plan on buying another after this one dies,Have not killed one yet, always trade high miles to back to lower miles,only vehicle ive owned that still today i have seen many 2006 Scions advertised for more than list price brand new in 2006 with over 50000 miles on them WHY you ask,drive one or even get in one,2004-2006 only made for 3 years before scion screwed up the whole car nothing the same interior handleing room,seating,all messed up including the mileage,26-37 mpg,

Favorite Features

ROOM ROOM ROOM,GAS MILEAGE,FUN

Suggested Improvements

BUILD ONE AGAIN LIKE THE 2004-2006 NEW ONES NOT EVEN CLOSE TO MINE. ONLY 1 PROBLEM I HAD WITH ALL OF THEM INCLUDING EVERY ONEIVEEVER TALKED TO,REAR DOOR HANDLE ALREADY REPLACED TWICE,BADLY INSTALLED.MADE BAD. Other than that ZIP,I called dealer yesterday and asked for scheduled maint,he said my book stops a 120,000 miles,said go back to zero and go again,plugs and fluids at 100,000 mlles,oil every 5000,air filter every 40000(K&N),cold air Kit a must.

Avoid this car
By rcc90

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car in '06. I will not ever buy another XB. We had one expense a year ago that ran over $600 to fix. Currently, we have a leaking water pump - another $500. This is a lemon! We had a slight bump up a year ago. A car bumped into us. The whole front bender had to be replaced. We didn't have to pay for this but it has made me realize how unsafe this car is. I hate driving it on the interstate. This will be our last XB. I told my husband we should have purchased another Camry.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Airbags (side), sturdier build