2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Love my toaster car!
By jacksgrandma on 07/19/11 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion XB brand new in "06 with 6 miles on the speedometer. I use it like a cargo van for my business. It can hold two huge white Igloo ice chests with room to spare plus two bikes and a kayak on top for camping. I had mine fitted with a Yakima rack system on top. I get great milage unless its loaded down. Normal Hwy is 36 mpg with two people and minimal baggage. It only gets about twenty when loaded down, but wth, It beats driving my one ton truck.

Possibly the Best Car Ever Made
By bagbag on 04/14/11 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Xbox brand new in 2007 and love it. So far I've put 40k miles on it and have no mechanical issues with it. People still comment about its styling and when they get in it they are amazed at the amount of legroom in both the front and back. I don't know how they did it, but I swear this thing is bigger on the inside than the outside. It still cracks me up when I pull into a parking spot and the thing only fills up about half the spot.

Great car
By Great car on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I was an auto mechanic for 27 years. 147,000 miles and only front brakes, oil change and tires. Only thing i can tell you. It's not for sale. You need a great car buy one. Remember mine is not for sale. P.S. it's also fun to drive.

Great, sensible, affordable
By Erik on 07/08/10 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very unique, Everyone comments on the "Toaster on wheels" shape of the car love walking out to my car, cant help but smile when i drive it around at 30- 32 MPG with a/c blasting against the Texas sun. Loads of room inside, ergonomics make a lot of sense. its very simple and roomy everywhere. (looking around before buying a saw a lot of them, if you are in the market make sure to check several things, the front and rear plastic clip on bumpers in many cases seem to get damaged and should be checked as getting replacements color matched will be expensive. Also beware of certain aftermarket wheels in some cases they trigger the Indicator lights b/c of the way it reads MPH.

The best care we've ever owned!
By Diana on 05/21/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of highway driving and this car is great. I get about 34 MPG sometimes more. People always say it's so small, but when you get them inside, they're always impressed with the space. We've hauled a lot of big stuff in it while moving, have had 5 adults fit for a comfortable ride, and have never had any problems with the car itself. We live in WI, and I've never gotten stuck in the snow, even when we had 19 inches this winter! The only thing i wish was different would be the suspension, it's pretty bumpy on some roads. We also had to have the windshield replaced from a random crack that split all the way across. We bought a Yaris this year - Love Toyota's small cars!

Makes sense
By phyzxtchr on 05/17/10 23:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very few cars available on the USA market make sense at any level. The original Scion xB (example 2006)is such a car. I check the mileage at every fill up. Worst ever, 33. Best ever, 35. The 2006 is light weight (good) small engine (good) and cheap (great). I drive the 5-speed. Owners with the automatic have themselves to blame. The xB proves that "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I go past everyone in my xB and they have twice the engine, they just drive like slugs because they bought big hoggish cars and they are disgusted with the driving experience. Don't add weight, horsepower, or engine size! Too late, the newest xB did all three. Whoops! USA marketing!

I love my Toasty
By Toasty's Mom on 12/19/09 15:22 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a super car! I've owned many cars before, but none even come close to my stylish, fun, zippy little Scion XB. I've had my car for three plus years and have very few complaints. The most pressing is the number of times I've had to have my windshield repaired. Because of the angle it seems to attract every stray stone or pebble. Also, my ground effects have been damaged a couple of times (mostly my fault). Aside from that, it runs great, looks great, good gas millage, fun to drive, great stereo, I-Pod compatible, very reliable and totally COOL! I strongly recommend that any cool people, who want an equally fun, reliable and affordable ride, run, don't walk, and get yourself one!

The Little Workhorse
By David Harlass on 10/11/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for small deliveries and sales calls. I did not want this car, but it made sense financially. I keep very detailed mileage records and it never matters if you are highway or city it is always between 29.5 and 33 miles per gallon. The A/C matters little to my overall mileage, even with the A/C running. I have 80000 miles on it and only one small issue with a switch. It is exactly as it is promoted for an inexpensive vehicle and I recommend this car mightily.

Fun but watch the windshield.
By NJ on 06/12/09 12:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

8th Toyota product. Bought for price, fuel economy and room. Not disappointed on any of the three.

throw away car
By dan on 06/03/09 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ok I'm not going to say whats bad because I will be here for hours. I'm just gonna say whats good reliability and mpg and that's it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.