Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 284 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

2006 and 400+K miles and still ticking!
By K Kapitan

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am doing this review for my sons car. 2012 my son bought a 2006 Scion xb. It had extremely low miles on it when he bought it. Being a newby buyer he didn't want my help, lol. Last yr he decided to try and sell it and odometer read 92K miles on it (9 yrs old at the time). Someone loved it and ran a carfax on it. To his dismay it said that it had around 350K on it at the time he bought it, which leads to the fact that someone turned the odometer. Anyway - He has owned it 4 yrs and still owns it. He has never had to put any work into it other than the normal maintenance. This car currently is 10 yrs old and has over 400K miles on it and just keeps on ticking. I am just amazed what a phenomenal little car this is despite the mileage issues. I just had to rave on my sons behalf!!! OH! There is one thing that was bad with the car and that was the back latch which I guess is a history on this car breaks. We had it fixed and just an amazing car. I will describe my son in the "Describe Yourself" below part.

Best car we've ever owned
By Paul w

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new on 06. Ten years later, and 186,000 miles it is still going strong. We've made the NY to FLA trip 6 times, ski and never a problem. No major repairs ever- only scheduled maintenance and oil changes. Simply put- the best car we've ever owned.

best vehicle value ever
By v alvarez

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great visibility to drive. Lots of interior space . Love the buying experience "never" want to buy any other way again. After over 10 yrs it still handles and rides like year one. Best value in an auto I ever had.

The black box
By Lydia Holyak

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Roomy inside and great on gas. Only one minor repair that my son took care of... runs like a dream. Will drive it till it dies and then buy another one!

The Box that Rocks
By Chelsea

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had my 2006 Scion xB for seven years. Bought it at 63K miles and crashed it at 228K miles. Totaled on a deer going 70 down the interstate and both me and my boyfriend didn't have a scratch! I never had a problem out of mine besides some basic motor part replacement and I had to replace the A/C pulley once. My dad is a mechanic and said it's super easy to work on and maneuver around the engine. Maintenance and repairs were cheap at other mechanics too, not just my dad. This is by far the best car I could have had and I'll be going to pick up my new '06 Scion xB tomorrow. This car rocks!