2005 Scion xB 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - My Box

2005 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Box
By mwj12487 on

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I financed this car with less than 23k miles on it, and so far have about 54k on it. In that time I haven't had to replace anything but a blown tire and a headlight bulb. Scion, although marketed towards those of us in the younger generations, I find to be majorly consumed by those of you in your early to late 50's. The Toyota reliability is completely apparent. If you are searching for a great commuter car that slowly sips on the gas, the Scion xB might just be your heaven-sent. If you are looking for a speed-demon, a luxury soaked dream cruise, look someplace else. Although I adore my "foxy box", it doesn't ever trick you into believing it's anywhere above an economy car.

Favorite Features

Boxy look, Excellent gas mileage, Peppy 1.5L I4 VVT, Amazing cabin room, that of a much larger vehicle, ease and ability to customize, Toyota reputation for amazing reliability and ease of home-servicing, seat comfort (front only)

Suggested Improvements

Would love if my xB had: -A smoother ride -Sturdier sheet metal paneling -Cruise Control -Interior noise -Leather Option -Power seats option