2005 Scion xB Consumer Review: Love My Black Box

2005 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love My Black Box
By Box Lover on

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely in LOVE with this car. I find myself making excuses to drive it. I still find myself looking back and smiling at my black box as I am walking away from it. It is fun to drive and with my extremely enthusiastic driving style, I still get about 28-30 MPG with mostly highway driving. The stock Pioneer sound system is awesome. Also, the huge side mirrors make changing lanes easy. The interior is extremely spacious and airy, so much so that I feel slightly claustrophobic when I get in normal cars. My only major gripe with this car is the small fuel tank. I find myself visiting the gas station 2x a week when with my prior car ('97 Honda Accord) once was plenty.

Exterior styling, fun to drive, excellent visibility, customization, gas mileage, awesome stereo. I could go on and on.

Needs just a little bit more power, cupholders are horrible, interior lighting is horrible, small gas tank