Family gas saver
By redd on
2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I'm the second owner of my xB, but I feel like the first because the owners kept it like new. I traded in my WRX which got around 15 MPG (with my driving). I have no regrets at all. Although the xB is under powered it makes up for it in gas mileage. I can get around 280 miles per tank and I get 32 mpg on average. The interior is really roomy. I'm 6' 4" and still have about 3 inches of head room and plenty of leg room. I can even sit in the back seat with the front seats moved all the way back. Once I drove to the zoo and fit 5 full grown adults in my xB. The back seat passengers were a tight fit, but it still worked out.
Favorite Features
32 MPG on average! Room for 4 large adults(250 lbs each)! a feature i recently discovered was if you go to the beach or drive in movie, you can take out the head rests in the front seats and recline them all the way to make lounge chairs in the back (very cool)! The stock stereo is decent too.
Suggested Improvements
Cruise control would be nice. more sound proofing, but it's around $400 if you have it professionally done. needs reading lights. larger mirrors on the sun visors. scissor jack with an attached handle(like 2001 VW). locking glove box. storage drawers under seats. rear disc brakes. panoramic sunroof.