2005 Scion xB 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Boxes can be fun

2005 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Boxes can be fun
By BoXedUP on

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with my box (aka XB) when I first saw it. It was unlike anything else on the market at that time or really since then. I bought it for three main reasons. 1) I loved the way it looked. 2) I loved the mileage it was reported to get. And 3) It was more customizable and had more personality than any vehicle I had ever encountered. Now three years and almost 40,000 miles later I still catch myself with a smile on my face as I drive down the interstate to work. I have owned many cars in the past but never one that I have truly loved. This year I am considering on trading in my Box. What will I replace it with? The next generation XB. I love this car and the Scion experience.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of my XB would have to be the unique styling, yes its boxy but the new XB's have refined the styling and in turn have gave the XB a more contemporary less toy like feel. I also love the display layout. The heads up design has truly spoiled me for more central layouts in cars.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements can be summed up in one word, "HORSEPOWER". Don't get me wrong the older Xb's perform well. It's just at times they can get sluggish. Especially if you have the car loaded and going up a steep grade. But the new engine in the next generation Xb sounds like the ticket for a great car