Used 2005 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

60 year old xB Driver
By John King

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, has lots of interior room for its size, gets great gas mileage and has a unique appearance. Even in the snow it handles very well. Unlike most small cars, the passengers sit high up, which allows better visibility.

Toaster Box
By Rudy

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this little wagon as a "grocery getter" for my wife. But before a month was over I took it as my daily commuter to work. I am 6'4" & drive 50+ miles a day. Nothing on the market offers this much space w/ great fuel economy at an affordable price. My kids love this ride, they ask to take the toaster on trips over our Tahoe. At 30,0000 miles I still average 33 MPG w/ auto transm and have had no problems.

Head/leg room (in front & back), excellent fuel economy, quality product at great price.

Factory cruise control.

My Little Toaster
By Margaret

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this for a family vehicle and couldn't be any happier. We go everywhere and do everything in it. I'm looking into gettin another one soon. The gas mileage is great and the space though small can accommodate a lot.

Gas mileage, even with me so that I'm not climbing into an SUV or bending into a car.

Maybe an arm rest here and there and some cup holders in the back, but other than that nothing to complain about.

I love my Fridge!!!
By fidget

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Whether people call my car a fridge or a toaster, it is anything but a small appliance. It is the first car I have bought and I couldn't have picked better. Very roomy to fit my friends for long drives, or to haul around my art things. The dealership also installed black and white contrast leather interior, so I feel like I am driving a much fancier car. Also, with the toyota name behind it, I feel safe. Someone hit me recently and for the impact I felt, there was very little damage. Great gas mileage, too, so affordable at purchase time and thereafter.

Love my leather interior! And that it looks like a fridge (mine is white). I think it is one of the few cars with a unique design (not a fan of the new toned down styling on the 08) for the artist in me.

Cruise control would be nice. I drove it across country and it made it fine over the mountains, but my legs were cramping from holding down the accelerator. Also, maybe just a tad more power in the engine.

Not bad
By Marty

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion was a very dependable and reliable car. The interior is very versatile, and roomy. My only complaints are lack of power, and rather harsh road noise. Other than that, it was quite a nice vehicle, excellent for a daily driver.

Lots of room for cargo and passengers.

A little more power from the engine, and a lot more sound-proofing.