Used 2005 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 500 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Family gas saver
By redd

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm the second owner of my xB, but I feel like the first because the owners kept it like new. I traded in my WRX which got around 15 MPG (with my driving). I have no regrets at all. Although the xB is under powered it makes up for it in gas mileage. I can get around 280 miles per tank and I get 32 mpg on average. The interior is really roomy. I'm 6' 4" and still have about 3 inches of head room and plenty of leg room. I can even sit in the back seat with the front seats moved all the way back. Once I drove to the zoo and fit 5 full grown adults in my xB. The back seat passengers were a tight fit, but it still worked out.

32 MPG on average! Room for 4 large adults(250 lbs each)! a feature i recently discovered was if you go to the beach or drive in movie, you can take out the head rests in the front seats and recline them all the way to make lounge chairs in the back (very cool)! The stock stereo is decent too.

Cruise control would be nice. more sound proofing, but it's around $400 if you have it professionally done. needs reading lights. larger mirrors on the sun visors. scissor jack with an attached handle(like 2001 VW). locking glove box. storage drawers under seats. rear disc brakes. panoramic sunroof.

Great, Fun Car for the Price
By Iowan

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all of the current compact vehicles in 2005, and this was by far the best value, the most fun, best looking and by far the roomiest. We drive it exclusively around town with our 3 kids. We even took it on an overnight trip with the kids--had plenty of room for a large suitcase, overnight bag, small cooler and the kids' DVD players. It handles well in Iowa winters with it's traction control. We were lucky to snag one only a few months old, and it's still worth close to what we paid for it 2 1/2 years ago. Love it!

Roominess for back seat, visibility, overall funky look.

Audio controls on steering wheel, better/easier to use radio controls on radio, center arm rest, iPod jack.

60 year old xB Driver
By John King

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, has lots of interior room for its size, gets great gas mileage and has a unique appearance. Even in the snow it handles very well. Unlike most small cars, the passengers sit high up, which allows better visibility.

Toaster Box
By Rudy

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this little wagon as a "grocery getter" for my wife. But before a month was over I took it as my daily commuter to work. I am 6'4" & drive 50+ miles a day. Nothing on the market offers this much space w/ great fuel economy at an affordable price. My kids love this ride, they ask to take the toaster on trips over our Tahoe. At 30,0000 miles I still average 33 MPG w/ auto transm and have had no problems.

Head/leg room (in front & back), excellent fuel economy, quality product at great price.

Factory cruise control.

My Little Toaster
By Margaret

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this for a family vehicle and couldn't be any happier. We go everywhere and do everything in it. I'm looking into gettin another one soon. The gas mileage is great and the space though small can accommodate a lot.

Gas mileage, even with me so that I'm not climbing into an SUV or bending into a car.

Maybe an arm rest here and there and some cup holders in the back, but other than that nothing to complain about.