Used 2005 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

It grows on you...
By JpRoman1981

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When i first saw this vehicle, which was inside the mall, i really didn't like it. One of my friends bought one, so i rode in it around the block...ever since that, i have loved them. They are very unique cars love the "box-look". I got the Thunder Cloud Metallic one. This car is not for everyone, but it is for me.

Not only is it very roomy inside, there is so much stuff you can do to it. VERY CUSTOMIZABLE !!!

The only thing needed to make this the best car out there, is MORE POWER.

Proud Owner
By Dorrial

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion new and plan on keeping this model for many years. It is fun to drive, the visibility is exceptionally good, my mileage is anywhere between 30 and 35 MPG depending on how many people are in the car or, what I am transporting to college. Compared to the 2008, which is larger and not as pretty am mine, I'll stick to my 2005 XB.

Visibility, comfort, position of dash gages, seat configuration, ease of parking. I could go on and on. The Xb is a fun car to own and drive.

The windows could stand a little more tinting, but they are ok. I really do not have any suggestions for improvements.

great car for a snowless climate
By on the road again

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The roof is a little high for loading kayaks. The snow collects heavily and gets quite packed in the wheel wells causing the front tires to loose their turning mobility. On both rear wheels the packed snow had to be broken up with the windshield ice scraper. The wiring to the side lights is located in the wheel wells and it pulled away and is now broken and hang down. The garage said the whole unit would have to be replaced. I've never had this happen before. Other than that I really love this car.

Great mileage average 34 mpg. Wonderful space with seats down for 8' lumber and ladders. Tremendous leg and headroom.

The plastic bumpers are very low and get caught on curbs and break easily. The wind noise is loud on the highway.

Family gas saver
By redd

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm the second owner of my xB, but I feel like the first because the owners kept it like new. I traded in my WRX which got around 15 MPG (with my driving). I have no regrets at all. Although the xB is under powered it makes up for it in gas mileage. I can get around 280 miles per tank and I get 32 mpg on average. The interior is really roomy. I'm 6' 4" and still have about 3 inches of head room and plenty of leg room. I can even sit in the back seat with the front seats moved all the way back. Once I drove to the zoo and fit 5 full grown adults in my xB. The back seat passengers were a tight fit, but it still worked out.

32 MPG on average! Room for 4 large adults(250 lbs each)! a feature i recently discovered was if you go to the beach or drive in movie, you can take out the head rests in the front seats and recline them all the way to make lounge chairs in the back (very cool)! The stock stereo is decent too.

Cruise control would be nice. more sound proofing, but it's around $400 if you have it professionally done. needs reading lights. larger mirrors on the sun visors. scissor jack with an attached handle(like 2001 VW). locking glove box. storage drawers under seats. rear disc brakes. panoramic sunroof.

Great, Fun Car for the Price
By Iowan

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all of the current compact vehicles in 2005, and this was by far the best value, the most fun, best looking and by far the roomiest. We drive it exclusively around town with our 3 kids. We even took it on an overnight trip with the kids--had plenty of room for a large suitcase, overnight bag, small cooler and the kids' DVD players. It handles well in Iowa winters with it's traction control. We were lucky to snag one only a few months old, and it's still worth close to what we paid for it 2 1/2 years ago. Love it!

Roominess for back seat, visibility, overall funky look.

Audio controls on steering wheel, better/easier to use radio controls on radio, center arm rest, iPod jack.