2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Slick Compromise
By Amerhicka on 10/03/06 01:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is quirky. It's small enough to walk around in the garage and to squeeze into parking spaces only a Mini Cooper would look at twice, but big enough to cross your legs, with your hands crossed behind your head...in the back seat. It's fun enough to drive that it surprises, often all the way into a smile. It drinks less gas than most vehicles and makes you feel slightly less guilty about the planet you ride upon. Toyota didn't have to reinvent the wheel for the cB, just smoosh together the best traits of the city car: affordability, a reasonably well-appointed interior, roominess, safety, and it is charming. This car strikes so many sensible compromises that I am glad to see it loved by ravers and retirees.

I Love My xB
By ILoveMyxB on 09/28/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I would recommend it to anyone. It may be a little loud on the highway, but you just have to turn up the radio. I love my xB.

An Honest Vehicle
By Tomas on 09/17/06 02:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't intend to buy an xB when I first happened to see one at a dealership - I was just curious. A few hours later, I owned one. The value per dollar spent on this vehicle is likely amongst the highest in the current market. The xB is well designed, has excellent ergonomics, and is a lot of fun to drive. It is a unique looking box with a very comfortable interior and loads of practical, usable space in a tiny exterior. In many ways it seems larger inside than outside.

xB Review
By Halpal on 09/12/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is lots of fun to drive, easy on fuel, and extremely roomy. I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of leg room, and about 5-6 inches of headroom. Even with the seat adjusted rearward all the way, there is still plenty or legroom in the back seat. With the rear seats folded forward, the cargo room is plentiful. We love the car and we get lots of looks and good commenrts on the road.

Love my Scion
By Suzy Mortimer on 08/22/06 08:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

In my youth it was MGs and then any used car that would run me all over Los Angeles. In 2000, I retired, moved back to Tucson and drove 15 mile to the gallon Jeep Wranglers. I wanted a change and spotted the Scion xB. Where ever I go, young people ask about this car. They want to sit nside and say it's their car of choice. I see Scions popping up all over the place and when I talk to other Scion owners, "Love my Scion," is the first thing they tell me. Its great gas mileage, good reliability, and solid design make this my favorite car of the many I've owned over fifty years. My husband drives a Ford Explorer and lately, I'm hearing him say, "Let's take the Scion."

The Ups and Downs
By mxpro338 on 08/16/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for a year and have put over 30,000 miles on it. What I like: it is reliable and roomy! The xB is a very practical "around town" car, it gets good fuel mileage, is unique, has suprisingly strong engine for its displacement, has phenominal handling (even in the snow!), and is affordable. What I don't like: it lacks passing power at high RPM, the original radio, lots of wind noise, and it had no armrest when new. In the end, if you are looking at this car you have to weigh out what is important to you. It is not great fuel mileage (30-32 mpg avg.) and it is not powerful (100 - 110hp), but it is fun to own and will attract lots of attention around your town.

Scion xB - The Best Deal Money Can Buy!
By Jeffrey A. on 08/14/06 15:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my xB for two years and still love it the way I did when I brought it home. It's getting 33 mpg and still gets plenty of attention on the street and at shows. If you want a vehicle that dang near does it all the xB has you covered and then some.

Get A Lot of Bread out of this Bread Box
By Scion xB on 07/15/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I could not ask for a better car. My Bread Box is the best. I get so many looks at it. Even though I am in the older baby boomer crowd, this car seems like it was made for us - believe it or not.

The Best by Far
By incubusman on 07/06/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

i know a lot of people who don't like the way ithe Scion xB looks, but it is the roomiest car I have ever owned.

The Box on Wheels
By Gina on 06/27/06 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Scion xB last spring and it has been great. It replaced our family van, and the gas bills have never been lower. The only thing we miss is the cargo room for the extras that children come with. But with the roof rack this year we hope to have a smother vacation packing experience.