Used 2005 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Most Helpful|
my BOXkar
By Pennie

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had my car 3 yrs now and I still love it. Will be driving more now that I'm retired. Great gas mileage. Do wish it heated up faster. Took over W VA mountains, made them all, just keep the medal to the pedal. I have allowed three strangers (older individuals) who ask about car to sit in it. They were impressed about the ease of getting in and out. Two I saw another time at store and they told me the did indeed buy a Scion xB, on man traded his cat for one. Told me he laugh every time his fills up his xB and takes money to back. I'll never own another car except for the Scions.

Favorite Features

Roomy and solor heat. One of my son's 6ft 4in rides in back and no problems, lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Heat up sooner and maybe cruise control now that I'm going to be traveling a lot.

Solid car with lots of room
By jkm

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car used. It's very solid and basic, much like the imports of the 70s and 80s. For a car with such little power, it's surprisingly fun to drive. The interior room is simply amazing. It's like a theater with 6 screens. The car seems to grow magically when you get in. I always tell friends that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Driving position is comfortable but you have to get used to the position of the gauges. The engine is peppy and fun to rev on city streets but merging on the interstate can be a challenge. This is allot of car for the money. I've found that it's several thousand less than a comparable Honda Element, Fit, or Toyota Matrix.

Favorite Features

Easy access doors, and interior room. The engine compartment is clean, making the car easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

Need an extra dome light on the lift gate is needed, and cruise control would be nice. The omission of a sunroof on this car is downright criminal. The roof is big enough to accommodate 2 of them. This car could also use at least 50 more horses under the hood.

Super Cool
By Jim

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my xB in late December 2004. Needed a vehicle that I could carry my disabled Sweetheart and be able to get her in and out without trouble. Told the salesguy if I could get the wheelchair in the luggage area, I would buy it and buy it we did. Has just over 23000 miles and couldn't ask for a better vehicle. Lots of power and energy, great mileage, and enough room for my 6'8" 300 lb son to drive with comfort. Installed luggage rack and aluminum alloy wheels from internet. Never used a drop of oil and no maintenance problems whatsoever. Best car I ever owned, and I've always driven sports/small cars (Triumph Spitfire, Opel Mimi-Corvette, Suzuki Samurai) and this one is the best.

Favorite Features

Room/leg room. Comfort while driving. Peppy 1.5 liter 4-banger engine...great gas mileage. Field of view is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Subdue the road noise and everything would be perfect.

250,000 miles and still going.
By bigtbronco951

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 05 xb used toward the end of 05 with 23,000 miles on it. Mine is the bright yellow release series. Since i`ve owned it i have driven the crap out of it! Taken it to Las Vegas countless number of times and on several oyher road trips since 05 and it has never let me down. Car averages around 31 mpg hwy so long as i put super in it. Have done a few aftermarket upgrades to it and by far the best one was the Magnaflow exhaust system.Woke the little box up like you would not beleive! As far as reliability...awesome! still on the original clutch. Change oil regularly. gonna try and see if it`ll go 500,000 with no major work.

Favorite Features

Super reliable,great gas mileage,fun little car.

Suggested Improvements

Definitly put an exhaust (aftermarket) system on it( i went for the Mgnaflow system) and keep with a 15" tire on it.I went from an 18" wheel back to the 15 and it drove alot better.

Best value for the $ hands down!
By jonbreeze

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My scion was just totaled after 8 years of ownership. I loved it so much I felt I needed to review it for others to know. I bought it as a salvage in 06 with 16k miles on it and I put 170k miles on it. I did do some routine maintenance but it wasn't super consistent and definitely not on time. I never had a single mechanical problem with it other than replacing some simple belts once. After a few years of ownership I crashed it and had to replace my good, front fenders, front bumper, radiator, and some wiring and even after it ran flawlessly. Im a younger guy and drove it pretty hard and took it On long trips with lots of luggage and it performed great! Minor cosmetic flaws but great value!!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy ROOM! My basketball player friends were all surprised how comfortable it was inside Price

Suggested Improvements

Redesigned back hatch handles (they did recall them) Higher quality materials for interior