2005 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Scion Xb
By Duck Fumb on 02/23/07 09:51 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

this car is great, but needs more power.

Sci Fi
By picccc on 02/07/07 07:07 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a toaster, a breadbox, ugly, you name it and I'm sure you'll hear it. All that matters is that it's a good car that needs more power and that's about it.

Great, but Drive It First
By scottysail on 01/27/07 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is a cool car. It's affordable for post-college students is and just neat to drive. I like it a lot. Mine has just a very basic setup (but for the cost no complaints should be allowed).

Scion xB Long Term
By Tim Haupt on 01/19/07 21:49 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My car has been problem free for 53,000 miles. It gets an honest 33 MPG in mixed driving. It's a great run-about vehicle. Its engine and auto transmission are a great combination - good drivability and nice compromise between performance and gas mileage. It handles well and is not as bad in side winds as the body style might suggest. The ride is a bit stiff and a little bouncy, especially when new. This improves after several thousand miles, however they should really soften up the suspension just a little, especially in the rear. The traction control and electronic stability control (standard equipment) result in a secure feeling drive, even in moderate snow. Buy the Konig Helium wheels - their light weight improves acceleration.

Unbelievable Buy for the Money
By Juice Mavin on 12/18/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

There is a reason this thing gets such great reviews. Everyone says the same thing...it gets excellent mileage, has good leg room, nice style, etc. I have only had my xB for a month and am confident that it has been my best purchase ever. It was super easy to wave goodbye to the horrible VW I had and I drove away smiling. It is unbelievable how much you get for the money. Traction control is standard plus all of the options that everyone else is mentioning. I love my Scion.

Great Little Car
By Harvey Kahn on 12/02/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a little gem. It is very large on the inside and with the back seats folded down will hold very large items, such as a bookcase etc. The visibility is the best I believe of any car made today. In spite of it's small engine it is very peppy and easily keeps up with the traffic. In short it is a wonderful car.

My Box
By lesper on 11/30/06 07:23 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, this is an outstanding car.

I Want to Tow
By scionking on 11/18/06 09:11 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

First off, if you're big and tall and sick of trying to fit in those little cars, this is your ride. I've had my xB going on 1.5 years now and I really enjoy it. I drive in a lot of high traffic areas and I'm positive no full size SUV can match it. Yeah sure, I can't tow stuff, but I can park anywhere and getting around 30 mpg is a life saver. It's great on lane changes and when you lay the seats down you have a lot of room to carry all sorts of goodies. I've even slept in it twice, no not because I'm a weirdo, but because the tent just isn't as fun as it once was. I had the cold air induction put on and the exhaust added but you really don't get much bang from those mods. At least it sounds kinda neat.

Foxy Box
By Bonnye Briggs on 11/01/06 05:21 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun vehicle to drive with lots of pickup and go. It gets great gas mileage and is super to just pop to school or to the office. This care is a great buy for a well made Toyota vehicle.

Great Vehicle
By scion xb on 10/28/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion. Its gas mileage is great! The space inside is fantastic, no kids kicking the back of the driver seat is great. Now that I invested in the armrest it is 100% great. I did upgrade the tires with 1 size larger and I can tell the difference in the handling of the vehicle.