Used 2005 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

I'd do it all over
By D

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm in LOVE. The xB is the finest car I've ever owned, AND the most economical. What can I say about the room, phenominal. Overall, an awesome driving experience.

XM satellite radio.

Some brighter colors would be nice.

Just wonderful
By elgin_browntown

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car purchase, and I couldn't be happier. Great interior room, nice gas mileage, and great customer service. When I first saw it, I couldn't decide if it was ugly or cool. It was unlike anything I've seen, but I have grown to love the way it looks. The price, interior design, and the practicality of the whole enchilada made the Scion an easy choice.

Gas mileage, interior space, the simplicity of the whole design.

Roof rack, glove box light, a wee bit more back space behind the back seat.

Great fun car
By Chris

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a car with great style and easy on the pocket book this is it! Its not oversized like an SUV so you can park it anywhere yet it has enough room inside to fit the family very comfortably. My kids love it and I enojoy zipping through town. It has become a great commuter/car pool/grocery getter. I have had mine for less than three months and already have over 4,000 miles on it and not one complaint yet!

Cruse control would be nice but I can live without it - the other features more then make up for it. There have been a couple of times I wish it had a little more power but don't want to give up the fuel economy either.

For GrandPa's too
By BobV

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I took the 5-speed xB for a test and found a little slack in the drive line, but being 72 now I figured I would be better off with the auto anyway, which is very smooth. I have always liked the "different" car, I owned several "Borgwards". But this box is surely my furthest venture from sanity. But since it is my bliss that matters...I don't have a problem using the cup holders that have been baded, better than most of the "in dash" type I have used. The speedo and info center took 5 minutes to get used to...Now I love it. Got 33.6 mpg on my first tank. 2/3 on Interstate 1/3 in town.

Performance, the handling is hard to believe. I may never again judge by appearance. Great dash, proves that airbags don't require a large round smooth and useless couch arm for a platform. Hood, see where the front end of your car is again. No haggle price on a car that is priced reasonable.

Well the "hatch" is quite large naturally, and it can be a problem in your garage. I have to pull well forward to keep the hatch from hitting the door opener mech. Thinking about building a larger garage.

xB
By itlngirl08

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I think that this car is great for a small family on a limited budget. Fun to drive and very spacious interior.

I love how this car handels, along with the space in the rear seat.

I love the xB, but one thing that I would change would be to add a arm rest in the front seat. The back hatch could use some more room.