2005 Scion xB Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2005 xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Sort Reviews by

Cool Little Car
By Big Jake

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just recieved my Hot Lava XB and other than the gas milage being 28/31 not a complaint in the world. This car is the most fun Ive had in years. Its not a generation Y car its a generation E for everyone car.

Favorite Features

Head and leg room and everything with the series 1.0 release

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof and roof cargo rack

The best box money can buy!
By Hinds66

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The is a car that has the three major car buying catogories licked, Insurance, Safty, Gas Mileage. Other than that you either love it or hate it. ME well i traded a brad new lexus For my Xb and have not looked back. I dont think i will sell my box!

Favorite Features

The size is second to none.

Suggested Improvements

Only one, Arm Rest

Great, fun to drive
By Blondie382

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a XB in the cherry pearl i love this car, it is fun and great on gas. Alot of people have asked about it, alot have stared. It is a car either you love or hate. I love mine!! Live in MA just took it on a road trip to the White Mountains in NH it did great very impressed, smooth ride the entire drive. No complaints. Thanks to Bernardi Toyota for getting me my XB so quickly, you'll be seeing more of me in the future. Thanks again to everyone who was involved in getting me my XB. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Favorite Features

The stereo, love that i can have it on "hear" and feel like I am at a concert. The head & leg room Great Job!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe in the future a sunroof, other then that nothing.

LUV IT
By SQUAREPANTS

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND WILD,THEN YOU SHOULD PURCHASE THE XB.IT IS SO FUN TO DRIVE, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET LOOKS, MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE CONFUSED LOOKS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Favorite Features

EXTERIOR FEATURES, THE INTERIOR NEON LIGHTS, AND THE ROOM.

Suggested Improvements

MORE INTERIOR LIGHTING,MOONROOF OPTION,CRUISE CONTROL, A LITTLE MORE POWER.

Where's the Toyota quality?
By JoeinWA

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got my xB in June of 2003. After 500 miles, had 3 annoying rattles coming from dash, rear seat latch and driver seatbelt anchor. Seats are comfy. Lots of storage space when seats folded down. I moved from San Diego to Seattle in this! Stability and traction control work well in the snow! Gas milage is not what was promised, but still good. I now have 22,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Funky style, stability control and traction control standard! Price!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo still could use some work. Dash rattles. Improved rear window washer/wiper. A 6th gear!! Driving at like 4,500 rpm's on the highway gets old.

Can't Wait
By schwartzie78

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Can't wait to get my Scion. Ordered last weekend after a test drive. I know lots of people hate the look, but every time I see it it makes me smile.

Favorite Features

My wife let me get the blue interior lights if I let her get the basement finished.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have the option of a few more horses.

scions fun
By canyon289

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car looks cool and is small but big inside. It looks big when its the only car around and it has a great feeling to drive

Favorite Features

the standards such as air conditioning and cd player. It also has lights that can be turned on and off

Suggested Improvements

stiffer suspension (this can be solved with the purchase of the front strut bar) The mirror in the sun visor is awkwardly placed

Mid-Life Crisis Box
By House of Steel

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

WOW - I own one of the Hot Lava Models and I must say that this probably has been the best purchase I ever made. We are a family of 4 and we have more than enough room inside, comes standard with many great features, we have driven it and enjoy the ride, gas mileage is amazing ..... Take one for a drive and you will see why this is going to be a Cool Little Ride .......

Favorite Features

The looks without a doubt. Enjoy the leg room and spacious feeling you get while inside the box. Also enjoy having the 4-doors !

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to see an armrest between the front seats and also a rear cargo light. The front cupholders need resized, a little larger then the standard cup.

Overall Good Times
By tatortot37

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Looks neat and i like it it could have some more horses under the hood just not enough giddy up!

Favorite Features

The seating and the boxey look

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower and torque

boxcar
By jszteiter

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

excellent handling and gas mileage. more room than you can believe. fun to drive. cruises at 70-75 with no strain.

Suggested Improvements

more options should be included. more digital info, as I am used to. MPG, etc. exterior should have side door mouldings and no roof rack available.