2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
no bickering on price!
By jim vile on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We walked into the Desert dealership and within minutes we were sold on the options and total price of the car. It's our rolling box!The bad thing about the sales department including the manager was we were told that cruise controll could be added. That was not true. Maybe from the factory when ordering it but for sure not one that is already here in the states. It is sluggish going up hill and in high wind but still a great rolling box. The fact that you can see what the starting price is and add to it is a wonderful thing. No third world bickering about price. Over all the process was great.

The Lunch Box
By Shannon on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion last month to have a more reliable car. This car rides smooth. It is very reliable, so far. I love the attention that it gets as I drive around my small town. The price is very affordable. The interior is just like a European car. It gets several compliments, but the one I like is that I am to hip to be square.

I Love my XB
By Misty Cooper on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a Great Fun Little Box to Zoom Around Town In.

Excellent Car
By IFLIAZ on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first foreign car that I have ever purchased. It is very roomy inside and fun to drive. I also get a lot of lookers.The dealer is another issue. Find a dealer that wants your buisiness and not just a sale. I will never deal with Toyota of Walnut Creek California again. I plan on purchasing another Xb in the near future.

XB Rocks!
By ettuBrutus on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My girlfriend has had one since they came out last year and I loved it. It's been a year so I went up to S.F. to purchase my own.I could have just gone down the street to get one, but the guys up in S.F. are so nice (Doug, Frank, Edwin, Steven)I flew up for the weekend knowing I would have fun driving it home. This little thing has tons of pep, great headroom, I got 38 mi to the gal on the way back from S.F. AND, it's the only little car I find on the street that when another XB passes you on the street, the owners give you a lil toot on the horn and a wave. Definately the friendliest car on the road. I am so pleased with my XB !!!

Scion for Me!
By Monty S. on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Toyota and will not be my last. It is a great car!

Great car, mediocre mileage
By bocadelvalle on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

All in all, my experience with the Xb has been good. The car is everything I exprcted except the mileage rating is VERY inaccurate. Toyota claims 30-35 mpg. In reality I have seldom attained 30mpg. Otherwise this car is perfect.

Affordable
By Janissa on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Toyota Scion is the best kept secret. From the outside the vehicle looks small but in the inside it has a lot of room. Unique dashboard great stereo system. Traction control, abs, airbags, power windows, seats are removable or can bend for more room. All this and it did not break the bank!

SCION Xb 5speed
By CBP on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great mini SUV for urban driving. The close ratio 5 speed manual transmission is smooth and the brakes are incredible. It has enormous amounts of room inside and gets great gas mileage - 31 mpg combined in my experience. The car handles like a sports car and is dependable and inexpensive.

Engineering
By bill 0822 on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The automatic transmission has a button on the shift for the overdrive. When driving my leg sometimes hits the button and shifts the transmission out of overdrive. At 70 mph it is a little bit surprising for me and tach.