Used 2005 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

my camo xb
By eric

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

i look foward to driving. not since my 72 firebird have i had this much fun. the car is pure enjoyment.

Favorite Features

the body the body the body and the things you can do to it.

Suggested Improvements

reclining rear seats. softer front seats. and nothing else

high teck
By Don

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

i love it (and so does my mother who a month after i bought mine went and got a red one with an auto,) but i wish that it was geared a little differently or had a six speed. highway crusing with a 4000-5000 rpm whine frome the engine at 80 gets a little annoying when traveling long distances, plus the lack of arm rests on the front seats takes a while to get used to and need to be installed from the factory although it would take away from the side bolster which is very supportive to a big guy like me.

Favorite Features

love the MP3 player and the placement of the speedo/tac/fuel gauge. the inlay above the steering is a perfect place to place a cell phone

Suggested Improvements

armrest for the front seats 6 speed sonroof

I wasn't sure I was going to like it...
By nkeithf

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven an xB last year, and coming off of cars with considerably more pep, it really seemed sluggish--I have kind of a lead foot. But I'm going back to school after 25 years, and wanted to lower my car payments, so I looked at it again...and you know, the price was just too powerful an incentive...I've realized that once I bought it and got into it, there's actually completely adequate power...sure, it's a little slower pulling out into traffic and all, but once you're up to cruising speed it goes as fast as I want it to...and it's just damned fun to drive. It handles great in snow, you sit up high, and it gets the strangest looks...it's really very cool!

Favorite Features

I love the design, both interior and exterior. The seat is comfortable, you sit up high, and the dash looks very neat...it has power everything you could want, the back seat has HUGE legroom, and the folddown seats (once I installed the cargo area protector) is perfect for my 76 lb dog....

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE put in armrests!! Would be nice to offer sunroof...I put one in aftermarket for $1200. Dome light is too dim and far back. Need more enclosed storage, especially in cargo area...things fall out when you open the hatchback. Coinbox would be nice for tolls. Speakers need more power.

yellow xb limited editon
By mr. divine

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Picked up my new yellow XB 2005 tonight , got all the bells and whistles ...and sunroof too!! i'm 6'2'and man the headroom is unbelievable!!!6 cd radio, and bazooka subwoofer has outragious sound.The ride is great and steers real well.The look is perfectly wonderful.The 7 spoke wheels are relly cool. I can't wait to start driving around new york city,In my new solar yellow XB. I know this limited edition is going to be a real winner!!! great job Scion!!!!!!!!!!!!! my xb also has the platinum 7 year 75,000 miles protection warranty lojack and remote start and alarm system, the window tinting finished off the car beautifully, as did the rain guards and now I'm all set to enjoy my new ScionXB

Favorite Features

The look, The room inside, The sound system,and The sunroof option is terrific.I got the illuminated cup, holder, and the subwoofer with the 6 disc c/d radio, cold air-intake and strut bar,[yellow of course],,,illuminated interior[amber- color]tyc taillights..fog lights,,b- pillar xb applique ltd.

Suggested Improvements

an arm rest for the center console area would be good and maybe cruise control option , also a larger mirror for the front passenger sun visor, other than those things the car is all; that i wanted it to be and more,,,,,,,,,

"Attention Getter"
By topaz

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

People constantly stop to ask me about my xB-- "it is just so cute!!" and "Cool! A box car!" Averages 35 MPG city and 40 MPG highway. Feels like a mid- size car with the pluses of an economy car (easy to paralell park!). Fun and my pre-teen loves the stares he gets from the girls while he blasts the radio on "feel" setting.

Favorite Features

Odometer placement on top of dash, few "blind spots", great sound system included, comfortable seat belts.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a bit more trunk space when shopping for groceries, don't like the alert (and computer tracked) for the passenger seat belt (triggered constantly by the paperwork I have to carry beside me). Had to seek service when gas cap not tight enough; triggers the warning light and alarm.