2005 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
The Lunch Box
By Shannon on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion last month to have a more reliable car. This car rides smooth. It is very reliable, so far. I love the attention that it gets as I drive around my small town. The price is very affordable. The interior is just like a European car. It gets several compliments, but the one I like is that I am to hip to be square.

Scion for Me!
By Monty S. on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Toyota and will not be my last. It is a great car!

Excellent Car
By IFLIAZ on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first foreign car that I have ever purchased. It is very roomy inside and fun to drive. I also get a lot of lookers.The dealer is another issue. Find a dealer that wants your buisiness and not just a sale. I will never deal with Toyota of Walnut Creek California again. I plan on purchasing another Xb in the near future.

no bickering on price!
By jim vile on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We walked into the Desert dealership and within minutes we were sold on the options and total price of the car. It's our rolling box!The bad thing about the sales department including the manager was we were told that cruise controll could be added. That was not true. Maybe from the factory when ordering it but for sure not one that is already here in the states. It is sluggish going up hill and in high wind but still a great rolling box. The fact that you can see what the starting price is and add to it is a wonderful thing. No third world bickering about price. Over all the process was great.

I like it.
By Gerald Robison on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had the car for about a week, but it's fun to drive, fun-er to look at and even more fun to answer questions of passersby. I get a number of folks who just walk around the car in the parking lots... and toll-booth attendants who just want to look inside. I wondered how much I would be giving up in buying a $16k car... and the answer is 'not much'. It comes well- equipped, well-powered and it handles well.

a Fun car to drive
By Fam107 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is a very fun car to drive! It gets alot of peoples attention. The performance is unbelievable for a 4 cyclinder...it is VERY spunky.

why buy anything else
By back2bass6 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

i laugh at all the suburban moms in their luxury 4 wheels drive vehicles,these beasts hog the road. scion xb..if the world all drove one, it would be a better place..nothing cooler

XB Rocks!
By ettuBrutus on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My girlfriend has had one since they came out last year and I loved it. It's been a year so I went up to S.F. to purchase my own.I could have just gone down the street to get one, but the guys up in S.F. are so nice (Doug, Frank, Edwin, Steven)I flew up for the weekend knowing I would have fun driving it home. This little thing has tons of pep, great headroom, I got 38 mi to the gal on the way back from S.F. AND, it's the only little car I find on the street that when another XB passes you on the street, the owners give you a lil toot on the horn and a wave. Definately the friendliest car on the road. I am so pleased with my XB !!!

SCION Xb 5speed
By CBP on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great mini SUV for urban driving. The close ratio 5 speed manual transmission is smooth and the brakes are incredible. It has enormous amounts of room inside and gets great gas mileage - 31 mpg combined in my experience. The car handles like a sports car and is dependable and inexpensive.

Engineering
By bill 0822 on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The automatic transmission has a button on the shift for the overdrive. When driving my leg sometimes hits the button and shifts the transmission out of overdrive. At 70 mph it is a little bit surprising for me and tach.