Used 2005 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

OH WHAT A FEELING!
By SCSCION

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought our XB to replace an ageing Ford Probe GT, yes big difference in power, handling etc. but Oh the reliability. At the amazing price of $14,733 the car handles well gets good mileage (29MPG around town in stop & go traffic etc.) can move much more cargo and people than we ever could in our Probe. I've got 800 miles on it now and expect it to "loosen-up" a little and return better mileage soon, who knows? Keep an eye on the paint up front, it's prone to chips, after all it is a verticle slab your driving. All in all we both enjoy our XB's room, comfort, ease of entry, safety features etc. and see ourselves driving it for a LONG time as we only put on about 10,000K/yr.

Interior room, seating position, exterior styling, mileage, safety features, price, low cost of ownership, ease of maintanence, MP3 capable head unit, Price, load height, tinted glass, hidden cubby in back, 5spd,PRice, first aid kit, room under passenger seat for woofer did I mention PRICE!

Interion needs more light. More power, but managable (THANK GOODNESS WE DIDN'T GET THE AUTOMATIC!) that said, a 6th gear, RPM's are a little high on the highway.

My Scion XB
By Bob

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car 2 weeks ago. The two things that impress me most about the car are the value you get for a car priced at $15,000 and the gas mileage. It has a lot of options for a car priced so reasonably. It is also a Toyota and I do not know where you can purchase such quality for the price.

The CD system. The exterior design. The interior space. At 6'2" and 240lbs, I need room and the xB provides quite a bit of extra leg room.

A little more power. Cruise control. Power rear door. A little more cargo space. Perhaps seats that are more comfortable.

The best box on wheels
By Flash

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up the Scion XB release sires 2.0 with a ton of extra's. Love it a lot

Looked small on the outside, but an amazing amount of room in the inside

little more power under the hood

The Ultimate Transformer
By Choder

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a 35 year old and I can't say enough about my new Scion Xb. Great styling, great features, great value, and unlike most cars you purchase and then just drive, after you purchase your Xb you will feel compelled to pimp it anyway you want with all the after market accessories available directly from Scion. Save a couple hundred dollars and get the European style taillights, save another couple hundred more and get the fog lamps. There are so many options to choose from and the listed price of each includes installation at the nearest Scion dealership. So, instead of watching MTV's Pimp My Ride, now you have an affordable and fun way of pimping your own. Best of all, my kids love it!

This vehicle has the most standard features I have ever seen at such a great price: Tilt Steering, Power Doors, Power Windows, Dual Power Side Mirrors, AC, Pioneer 6-speaker CD/MP3, Satellite Radio ready , AM/FM stereo, Tachometer, odometer, and much more.

With all the standard features that are included with the base model the only thing I would suggest they add is cruise control. Other than that, maybe come out with a hybrid model (although it already gets great gas mileage 31/35), a V-6 engine, or maybe a convertible.

Review of my kitty car
By btownmeezer

2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just love this car. I was shopping for a car for a year and I stumbled upon this one in my search. It had everything I wanted and for the right price and I didn't have to haggle either. Nothing else could compare. My husband and I were both surprised at how roomie it is inside - very comfortable up front. And, for transporting cats for my rescue group, plenty of room with the back seats down. Gas mileage is great on the highway! I'm very pleased with my Black Cherry xB. I'm glad I bought it.

Gas mileage, comfortable and plenty of room, price - I felt like I got a lot for the price.

Bigger rearview mirror - it's so small and feels far away. More lighting in front - sitting in driver seat, I can't even reach behind me to turn on the light.