2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
It grows on you...
By JpRoman1981 on 03/30/08 23:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When i first saw this vehicle, which was inside the mall, i really didn't like it. One of my friends bought one, so i rode in it around the block...ever since that, i have loved them. They are very unique cars love the "box-look". I got the Thunder Cloud Metallic one. This car is not for everyone, but it is for me.

Proud Owner
By Dorrial on 03/24/08 17:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion new and plan on keeping this model for many years. It is fun to drive, the visibility is exceptionally good, my mileage is anywhere between 30 and 35 MPG depending on how many people are in the car or, what I am transporting to college. Compared to the 2008, which is larger and not as pretty am mine, I'll stick to my 2005 XB.

great car for a snowless climate
By on the road again on 03/21/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The roof is a little high for loading kayaks. The snow collects heavily and gets quite packed in the wheel wells causing the front tires to loose their turning mobility. On both rear wheels the packed snow had to be broken up with the windshield ice scraper. The wiring to the side lights is located in the wheel wells and it pulled away and is now broken and hang down. The garage said the whole unit would have to be replaced. I've never had this happen before. Other than that I really love this car.

Family gas saver
By redd on 03/16/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm the second owner of my xB, but I feel like the first because the owners kept it like new. I traded in my WRX which got around 15 MPG (with my driving). I have no regrets at all. Although the xB is under powered it makes up for it in gas mileage. I can get around 280 miles per tank and I get 32 mpg on average. The interior is really roomy. I'm 6' 4" and still have about 3 inches of head room and plenty of leg room. I can even sit in the back seat with the front seats moved all the way back. Once I drove to the zoo and fit 5 full grown adults in my xB. The back seat passengers were a tight fit, but it still worked out.

Great, Fun Car for the Price
By Iowan on 02/11/08 11:20 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove all of the current compact vehicles in 2005, and this was by far the best value, the most fun, best looking and by far the roomiest. We drive it exclusively around town with our 3 kids. We even took it on an overnight trip with the kids--had plenty of room for a large suitcase, overnight bag, small cooler and the kids' DVD players. It handles well in Iowa winters with it's traction control. We were lucky to snag one only a few months old, and it's still worth close to what we paid for it 2 1/2 years ago. Love it!

60 year old xB Driver
By John King on 01/19/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, has lots of interior room for its size, gets great gas mileage and has a unique appearance. Even in the snow it handles very well. Unlike most small cars, the passengers sit high up, which allows better visibility.

Toaster Box
By Rudy on 12/15/07 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this little wagon as a "grocery getter" for my wife. But before a month was over I took it as my daily commuter to work. I am 6'4" & drive 50+ miles a day. Nothing on the market offers this much space w/ great fuel economy at an affordable price. My kids love this ride, they ask to take the toaster on trips over our Tahoe. At 30,0000 miles I still average 33 MPG w/ auto transm and have had no problems.

My Little Toaster
By Margaret on 12/06/07 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this for a family vehicle and couldn't be any happier. We go everywhere and do everything in it. I'm looking into gettin another one soon. The gas mileage is great and the space though small can accommodate a lot.

I love my Fridge!!!
By fidget on 11/26/07 12:19 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Whether people call my car a fridge or a toaster, it is anything but a small appliance. It is the first car I have bought and I couldn't have picked better. Very roomy to fit my friends for long drives, or to haul around my art things. The dealership also installed black and white contrast leather interior, so I feel like I am driving a much fancier car. Also, with the toyota name behind it, I feel safe. Someone hit me recently and for the impact I felt, there was very little damage. Great gas mileage, too, so affordable at purchase time and thereafter.

Not bad
By Marty on 10/20/07 18:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion was a very dependable and reliable car. The interior is very versatile, and roomy. My only complaints are lack of power, and rather harsh road noise. Other than that, it was quite a nice vehicle, excellent for a daily driver.