2005 SCION XB
By 05XBINSC on
2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my XB new in 2005 because I got tired of working on my previous car a Ford/Mazda Probe GT. Big change in terms of power and handling but I adjusted fairly easy. I find myself driving the XB HARD so I can't really complain about 28MPG, that being said, after 58K miles I have had not one single mechanical problem! I had a small chip in the windshield in the first month, used a "repair kit" and did not have to replace that until Jan of 2009. Getting ready to replace my 2nd set of tires. Lots of interior room, poor interior lighting, good seating position, good (not great) stereo. Buzzy on the highway, could use an extra gear, or "taller" 5th. Great value for the money! Paid 13,750.
Favorite Features
CABLE throttle, not drive by wire, NO RECALL issues stuck throttle etc. Can move big items with seats folded. High seating position, plays MP3 disks, traction control, VCS, and Brake Assist, ABS I especially like getting a reaction from those safety systems (remember I drive the car HARD!)
Suggested Improvements
Gearing-Buzzy at speed, search for a TSB "Technical Service Bulletin" on the A/C, if a customer complains about so-so A/C performance in a hot climate, they will fix it under warranty. Improve Communication! I had $2000 of parts replaced, for NC, I told the dealer I was warm! My tools miss me!BREAK!