2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
2005 SCION XB
By 05XBINSC on 03/05/10 17:31 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my XB new in 2005 because I got tired of working on my previous car a Ford/Mazda Probe GT. Big change in terms of power and handling but I adjusted fairly easy. I find myself driving the XB HARD so I can't really complain about 28MPG, that being said, after 58K miles I have had not one single mechanical problem! I had a small chip in the windshield in the first month, used a "repair kit" and did not have to replace that until Jan of 2009. Getting ready to replace my 2nd set of tires. Lots of interior room, poor interior lighting, good seating position, good (not great) stereo. Buzzy on the highway, could use an extra gear, or "taller" 5th. Great value for the money! Paid 13,750.

1 happy box owner
By happy boxman on 02/19/10 11:18 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this 2005 for about 4years and absolutely love it . Our XB is probably the best built vehicle we've ever owned . Although probably not the most comfortable , esp for back seat passengers . Gas mileage is awesome , highway mileage aves 34 to 35mpg. Other than tires and oil changes its only been to Toyota service 1 time . (good exp ) It looks really small from the outside , but it is large enough to pack 4 good size people and a full load of luggage for a trip to DisneyWorld . Like i sad 35mpg. Good job Toyota Scion. Pretty much maintenance free. Great vehicle summer or winter. weve never once been stuck on snow covered roads

Loved everything except the noise
By nyc to california on 01/22/10 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got the car used, researched a long time for it. great values, have all safety features except side curtains. Easy to mod. Added sound deadening material to the hatch and doors, but the noise is just too much for me.

The True X-Beezy
By x-beezy05 on 01/13/10 20:49 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my XB with 57,000 miles already on it. I have always loved the scion but never really had the urge to buy one. I have been nothing but Impressed with this car, Great Gas Mileage,Stylish Look, better yet the amount of Room you have in the car is AWESOME!! Don't get me wrong this is a very Nice/Sporty vehicle but I honestly want a Jaguar.

Super Cool
By Jim on 01/05/10 18:38 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my xB in late December 2004. Needed a vehicle that I could carry my disabled Sweetheart and be able to get her in and out without trouble. Told the salesguy if I could get the wheelchair in the luggage area, I would buy it and buy it we did. Has just over 23000 miles and couldn't ask for a better vehicle. Lots of power and energy, great mileage, and enough room for my 6'8" 300 lb son to drive with comfort. Installed luggage rack and aluminum alloy wheels from internet. Never used a drop of oil and no maintenance problems whatsoever. Best car I ever owned, and I've always driven sports/small cars (Triumph Spitfire, Opel Mimi-Corvette, Suzuki Samurai) and this one is the best.

Rode hard...
By Earl M. on 10/26/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Currently, my xB is totally caked in dirt from this past weekend. The windshield has dings and a crack almost as wide as the glass itself, collected over 5 years. A couple of dash lights are fading. I put wider tires on the OEM spoke rims and am having trouble getting the front two balanced correctly. All that said, when it's cleaned and shining, the Camo Green Box is beautiful and I really have no complaints at all. I have no problem without center armrest. My prev car, a Saab 9.3 didn't have one as they want you driving with both hands on the wheel as a safety feature. BTW, this bought-new xB replaced a run of two Saabs that I loved.

Bought a 4 y/o Scion
By Robert V on 10/04/09 17:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving minivans for years. A few months ago, lost one because it was totaled. My wife was tired of mom-mobile and wanted something "cute." After reading a lot of reviews, we narrowed it down to used xB or a new Cube or Soul. I found a nice xB on Craigslist and bought it last week in Dallas, drove it home to Atlanta. First thing I love is the fuel mileage. In traffic, I got about 30MPG. Cruising at 70mph on highway, got 40MPG (240 miles/ 6.2 gals). Interior is roomy and comfy. Cool, or "cute" factor is incomparable. Yes, it is square shaped, and yes, wind noise is slightly louder than minivans-but, it is not bad.

2005 Scion Xb
By Mark on 08/26/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With the gas prices on the rise, I quickly got tired of spending so much $$ on gas.. As I was researching used cars with good gas economy, I had found 2 cars that I liked. After doing more research on the Xb and finding out this model was first sold in Japan in 2000, it became a popular car. Saw all the great reviews and finally went for the plunge. The unorthodox design of the car reminds me of the compacts you would normally see in Japan. I test drove both auto and manual and was surprised that this compact had decent power. The manual transmission which has a high gear ratio which helps tremendously for acceleration. I ended up picking up a nice used one from a local Toyota dealer.

Over 100K Miles on My 2005 xB
By Over 100K Miles on 08/25/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my 2005 xB and would buy another. There have been no problems in over 100,000 miles. I hope the next 100k miles are as good.

OLD AND NEW
By AUTO SALON USA on 06/08/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well in 2006 I decided I was going to break down and buy a small cheap commuter again. Having lived in Japan I remembered small mini trucks and vans people use to modify and drive around town in fact the scion design is a copy of Toyota older Japanese model not available in the usa. So I bought one used and absolutely love it even though a lot of things were changed for the American market it still has the BASIC car coolness to it looks good drives good and reliability and the gas mileage at average 35 mpg no bad. As far as performance I don't think your gonna go to the racetrack anytime soon, at least in a factory version, and the ride for someone who lives in an area like NYC is a bit bumpy...