Used 2005 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 500 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Love my Toaster!
By Beth

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2005 xB for 2 years in May. It's so much fun to drive and it's so spacious, which it doesn't look like from the outside. I have a toddler, so getting him in and out of a carseat can be difficult, but it's so easy in my car. There's plenty of head room and leg room. I also love that there's great space for storage. I take a ton of gear with me everywhere I go and I've never been out of room. I haven't had to do hardly any maintenance on it, other than routine stuff. I did have to replace a belt in it that snapped at one point, but it was an inexpensive and easy fix. I've put a ton of miles on it and it's still chugging along. My next car will definitely be a Scion.

Toaster is bigger on the inside
By Orac

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

At 95K miles it's been a reliable car, still on the factory battery! It's handy in an urban setting, gets into parking spots others can't. I use it to haul tools to work and dogs to the park as well as grocery getting and it handles all this quite well. It's the smallest van I could find ;)

Mine's an auto trans and I would recommend a fluid change at ~70K miles. The coolant got weak at ~ 90K, R&Red that too. Other than that, routine maintenance was all I did and I'm happy with the car.

Best value for the $ hands down!
By jonbreeze

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My scion was just totaled after 8 years of ownership. I loved it so much I felt I needed to review it for others to know. I bought it as a salvage in 06 with 16k miles on it and I put 170k miles on it. I did do some routine maintenance but it wasn't super consistent and definitely not on time. I never had a single mechanical problem with it other than replacing some simple belts once. After a few years of ownership I crashed it and had to replace my good, front fenders, front bumper, radiator, and some wiring and even after it ran flawlessly. Im a younger guy and drove it pretty hard and took it On long trips with lots of luggage and it performed great! Minor cosmetic flaws but great value!!

Fuel economy ROOM! My basketball player friends were all surprised how comfortable it was inside Price

Redesigned back hatch handles (they did recall them) Higher quality materials for interior

Meets or exceeds all expectations
By rutabaga

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a commuter car and got the xB.
It had 20k on it when I bought it.
I've put 60k on it.
Had a salvage title.
It does everything I wanted it to and more.
I'm not too diligent about maintenance but it's still rock-solid reliable.
Spacious cabin room and very easy for the 3 kids to get in and out of.
Not perfect, but just fine driving the occasional 200 mile trip to visit family.
Consistently gets 30mpg *in town.*
Here are some shortcomings to be aware of, although I don't hold them against the car AT ALL: weak on power; small cargo space in back; stock sound not very good; jeez, I really can't think of anything else.
GREAT car.
FYI, I'm 6'5", 210lbs and fit just fine in it.

250,000 miles and still going.
By bigtbronco951

2005 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 05 xb used toward the end of 05 with 23,000 miles on it. Mine is the bright yellow release series.
Since i`ve owned it i have driven the crap out of
it! Taken it
to Las Vegas countless number of times and on several oyher road trips since 05 and it has never let me down.
Car averages around 31 mpg hwy so long as i put super in it.
Have done a few aftermarket upgrades to it and by far the best one was the Magnaflow exhaust system.Woke the little box up like you would not beleive!
As far as reliability...awesome! still on the original clutch. Change oil regularly. gonna try and see if it`ll go 500,000 with no major work.

Super reliable,great gas mileage,fun little car.

Definitly put an exhaust (aftermarket) system on it( i went for the Mgnaflow system) and keep with a 15" tire on it.I went from an 18" wheel back to the 15 and it drove alot better.