Think inside the BOX!
By Will Colley on
2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
Proud owner of a 2004 Orange Scion xB. NOTE: Scion only made 2100 orange xB, they are indeed rare... and if you are looking to get an orange one used is your only option. Naturally expect to pay a premium for rarity and extra feature only on orange xB, referred to as RS1's (relese series 1). I have a 5-speed (which tends to be harder to find in general among all Scions). Acceleration is average with the 5-speed. Below average with the auto (adds 1.5 sec to 0- 60 time). Stanadrd features are very adequate for most, option accessories tend to be pricey. Non-negotable price on EVERYTHING no exceptions lead most to order vehicles and wait rather picking one off lot. I would recommend this car to anyone except speed demons.
Favorite Features
Design, some say ugly I say smart and efficent. The Space, all I can say it sit in one and you will know, simply unbelievable and I'm 6 foot and 300lbs. Grassroots fanbase of Scions are amazing... check out scionlife.com and similar sites. Lastly... The value, reliabilty, and resell $ is unbeaten.
Suggested Improvements
Toyota needs to use more durable paint. I have never seen paint chip and flake so easily. I also would suggest getting more accurate EPA MPG data. Very very few owners I have spoke with manage over 30 MPG or over even when they baby the vehicles. Its not uncommon to get better city MPG than highway.