Just Crashed my 2004 Scion XB
By mustangsv on
2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I wrecked my 2004 XB 4/18/08. Front head-on crash with a midsize Dodge pick-up. Air bags popped. My XB is a right-off! Crumple zones worked as designed. There was no intrusion into the passenger area at all. I walked away with only seat belt marks and a bump on my right shin. My 4 year old son was in the back seat in his child seat and only had a shoulder belt mark and was okay. I'm a 41 year old commercial pilot and liked the styling (in Japan a lot) with a practical Corolla drive line. I'm looking for another 2004/05 XB ASAP.
Favorite Features
I got 31 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH. Fantastic front/backseat and interior passenger room. Everything you need and nothing you have to pay for that you don't want. Very little highway wind noise. Crash survivability!
Suggested Improvements
Another a/c power jack up front, and one in the rear. Rear dick breaks. Hate the new 2008 XB's. The front end looks like it was designed by the Michelin man and mileage dropped(The biggest plus in the first generation XB)
By vspec34
on 08/30/11 13:37 PM (PDT)

At what speeds was the impact, your xB and the Dodge truck estimated? I'm considering one as well, need something with good fuel economy, mainly hwy use (Seattle to Portland weekly). Thanks in advance.