Best of Two worlds
By paulcat on
2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have a 2004 Scion xB A/T. I recently took a 2,000 mile trip through the east, averaging 34.8 mpg at about 75 mph with the AC on. It rides according to the road surface, meaning, a good road = a good ride...jarring bumps, you get the picture. I'm 6'1" and 230 lbs. and find it to be an easy drive. My mate is 5'0" and 135 pounds, and she gets excellent thigh support, but the pedals are far away, with the steering wheel very close, and the proximity of the A pillar and the outside mirror blocks her line of sight. I chose the xB because it was the BEST compromise between a van and a compact car, that suited my style.
Favorite Features
All of the standard goodies, plus heated sideview mirrors. great gas mileage, a low cost, and functionality for my gal, pooch and self. The seating position and general ergonomics are great other than the radio. It has front/rear space for 5 real sized people and good seating comfort and seat height.
Suggested Improvements
It needs cruise control, adjustable pedals and/or a telescoping steering wheel, thinner A pillars, better cup holders, and functional fog lights.