Used 2004 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great Car
By janelle

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is a very nice car. It's great to run around town in, packing the kids and their stuff. So far it has been very dependable, we have not had a problem in two years. It's fun to be asked "what is that?"

Fun to drive

It needs a reading lamp and an arm rest.

Love to cube-it!
By Steve

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We got our Box in August 2003. It has been a great ride. Big inside, small outside -- how'd they do it? Best features are reliability, fit & finish, thoughtful design, overall quality & it's cheap to get, cheap to run. Plus, it's fun to drive! Wish list: cruise control, side curtain airbags.

Small & nimble -- but it's big inside!

Cruise control, side curtain airbags

I Love It
By Beth karch

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my xB for one and a half years. It still seems new to me, nothing is breaking or malfunctioning. The interior still looks new with little up keep. I have owned many models and makes of cars. My xB and a Mazda Miata are the best cars I have ever owned.

The radio and spacious interior.

I have a 5 speed and it can't compare to my old miata in shifting. Other than that I have no faults for the xB

xB is FUNctional!
By Debralynn

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I fell for the xB at first sight. I needed a reliable car for a long commute, am as happy as can be with my little black box today as I was the day I drove it off the lot. It's FUNky, it's FUNctional, it's just plain FUN.

My favorite feature is this car's ability to negotiate on snow-covered roads. When SUVs were on their roofs, my little black box just kept on moving.

I can't think of anything that would make this car any better than it already is.

A Little Sports Car Lies Beneath
By 26 xB owner

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Forget the xB's exterior styling, you won't see it inside the car. In fact, it's box shape makes it a roomy car. Buy one and you'll think you're stealing from Toyota. I've brought home a 27" TV with it's package. I doubt you can pull that one off in a Camry. It's so roomy it'll have people fighting over the rear seats. The ABS help me saved a little kid within a week of delivery. When the curve says 25, you can throw it in there at 35 and edge it up to 45. The steering is light but NOT numb like many other Toyota products. I only wish it had an extra gear (more on that). If the Miata is a solid 10 in fun to drive and the Celica is a 9, the xB is a respectible 8. But those are only toy cars.

The power, thumping Poineer MP3 stereo, ABS, the usefully roomy box shape, how the center instrument leaves plenty of shelve space, deceptively good handling, and low price.

It needs a 6th gear and a lower 1st gear. It's loud on the highway and I feel like I'm killing the clutch in San Francisco. Bring back Tercel's shifter. I drive it a lot so cruise control would be nice. It rattles a bit occasionally but this isn't a complaint. I would rather have reliable mechicals, which it does so far.

• SUV