2004 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
my trd scion
By joe mack on 12/28/04 09:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have built custom cars for the past 10 years and I get more looks with this car stock than i did with any of my other projects. now that i have started tricking my xb out you would not believe the attention and stares I get.

Toaster Doesn't Waffle
By gbvideopro on 12/28/04 08:44 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I first noticed on a business trip to Japan last year that many of the car were boxy looking "mini-vans" but they looked cool. I immediately upon seeing the xB here took one for a test drive and was very impressed that my 6'1" frame could fit comfortably in the back seat with the front seats positioned all the way back without touching my knees. The cargo space is very adequate for 90% of what I need to carry. Although the stock configuration is under powered, I have managed to make it acceptable by adding the optional Cold Air Intake. This is a mandatory option in my opinion. I have also added exhaust headers and a larger muffler to gain power. with no hit on gas MPG.

Great except the gas mileage
By Don on 12/24/04 20:50 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My car is phenomenal. It is sensible, practical and fun. My only issue is that gas mileage is poor. On the highway I typically attain 28 miles per gallon. Not great for a tiny 4 cylinder. Both dealer and Scion of America insist that I am the issue. Apparently all others do get the mileage rated on the window sticker. Very disappointing to an almost perfect car in every other way.

Old Man Says YEA
By Papi on 12/08/04 07:54 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I know these things were designed for the X-Generation, but I love mine. It is fun to drive, great on gas and you feel the Toyota quality. The interior is not perfect but I love the cargo space and my 3 year old grand son thinks that it is the greatest vehicle ever. By the way, so does by 84 year old mother-in-law because she finds it easy to enter and exit.

Owner
By J.T Nechanicky on 12/04/04 10:04 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The XB is what I expected. When ever I park I always get asked what is it? And I tell them what it is and who builds it, then show them the interior room and they like it. For a compact little wagon it's a great vehicle.

A tale of 2 Scions
By marc scordato on 11/04/04 23:15 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been waiting for someone to build a car that has more interior space then a camry yet costs less then a corrola.The scion xb is that car.I purchased one equiped with an automatic transmission for my wife.I was so impressed with this little cube car I just puchased a 5 speed for myself.The xb has a unique combination of virtues. No other vehical at this price point offers suv like interior volume, econocar fuel mileage, toyota reliability and a sport tuned suspension.

Fun Wagon to Drive
By nipgerm on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted a Corolla, but wife conviced me to go with the Scion. If tall and have a belly this car is for you. Got so many compliments from neighbors and people, that they want to sit in it or ask if they can drive it. You have so much room in it you should see for yourself. Go to your nearest Toyota/Scion dealership and test drive the wagon....and I bet you'll fall in love with this wagon

I'm Lovin It!
By xbman on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is great. Have only gotten around 31 mpg so far, but is still very new (950 miles). Very tight and controlled handling, and fairly quick (i only driven the 5 spd manual). Is actually quickier than my 03' Mit Eclipse Spyder GS. Comfortable seats, however, they only adjust forward and back, and of course the back reclines all the way. No height adjustments or lumbar support though. Ergonomics are great (including the center odometer), and storage is awesome. Plenty of nucks and crannys to store all kinds of stuff in. Not to mention great hauling capability to store your big stuff. Whether in the market for a compact-midsize car or small suv/van, this is something to consider.

love the xb
By brandiwyne on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

great on gas, looks good, gets a lot of comments, roomy, not to mention it doesnt break the bank and you still get a brand new car

Owner's Report
By ferndale on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the fact that I get great gas milage. My teenage sons really like the way the car makes heads turn. The ride is a little rough because the car sits close to the ground. You will feel EVERY bump in the road. It takes a little getting used to when driving at night. There is NO dash panel that US driver's are accustomed. The 6-CD changer is a MUST. You will hear some wind noise when driving even with all windows up and doors locked. I think Toyota could have had a tighter build with the door panels.