Used 2004 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Splendid little box
By professor

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The xBox is a testament to "less is more" school. It's small on the outside but big on the inside. You must sit in it to believe it. I can take three friends to lunch in comfort and still fit in the tightest parking space with ease. The xB is splendid in its simplicity, and simply splendid. It's fun to drive and gets 30 mpg. It is a great around town car, which is what I use it for.

The massive amounts of interior room - all my tall friends fit right in. Panaramic view all around. Great mpg.

It needs a telescoping steering wheel. More power is not what this car is about - if you want more power get a Civic. The xBox is also not about freeway cruising so I don't see the need for cruise control or an armrest. There are other cars better able to do that.

Cowmuting Cube
By dulcimoo

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the box for cowmuting. (It’s “painted” in a black and white “cow” pattern) Even with four full grown men the box does well with the auto. Passing up hill is no problem if you lock out the overdrive. It deals well with the traffic on I15 and I5. I have had only two minor problems (the inside fan was making a “ticking” noise – free warranty repair, rear air dam was tweaked after some road trash – self repaired.). The MP3 CD player does well. Luggage space is a little tight when we are all off to work with all our junk, but we manage. The rear window wiper is almost useless. It goes, stops, and rocks, what more cud you want!

It gets lots of looks from the heffers.

It needs a better rear wiper. Also, it could use stronger cownections for the luggage flap so I can use it as a shelf! A factory Turbo would be cool!

30,000 miles and counting
By Chuckie

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My xB's only downside is the choppy ride. I love the fact that all four tall adults can ride with their hats on and not be cramped. With the rear seats folded down, trips to Costco or the nursery are easier than in any sedan. The noise level at high speeds is about the same as in my new Odyssey.

I had to replace the front seat bolts and stack 29 mm of washers under all four front seat supports in order to lift the seats high enough for the thigh support I needed. Adjustable seats would be a nice improvement.

Love This Car!
By Wendy

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a family of four, and I am so pleased with all that this car has to offer. While the exterior of the car would lead you to believe that it's small, it is extremely spacious. It's comfortable to drive. We had an SUV, but with gas prices climbing, we were looking for something more fuel efficient, yet still roomy. It's great on gas and comfort. It's also great to look at. It's really something different, and I see heads turn all the time. I would recommend this car to anyone.

The radio's display can change colors. The entire dashboard is so unique.

Love Affair
By scion xb

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am completely excited about my xB now, just as I was the day that I spotted her. I love her sleek boxy look, and the looks that I get from others while in it. The drive is very smooth and it handles well. I wish it had more horse power though.

My favorite feature is the boxy look of the car.

The only suggestions I have are to add more horse power and arm rests on the two front seats.

• SUV