2004 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Great car-or is it a truck?
By Patrick on 05/05/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive and a great utility vehicle to carry anything that can be loaded through the huge back and side doors.

Old guys like cool cars tooooo!!!!!
By Old Guy Bald Head on 04/20/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 57 years old, and my wife and I love our xB. We think it's so ugly it's cute, and so do all of our friends. I'm an old drag racer and have already redone the intake and the exhaust. I am building a subwolfer box that fits in the storage compartment in the back. It handles great, workmanship is great, gets great gas mileage. I am working on phantom flames on the front end. I think it is the coolest car I have owned since I bought a 65 Mustang new.

hot lava
By rkjones55 on 03/31/05 17:27 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

great car fun to drive.geat visibility could use a little power boost. tons of head and leg room

THE BEST SCION xB ON THE ROAD
By Andrew Secinore on 03/29/05 19:08 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The scion xB is the best car to be today. The reason is because of the price, the fuel economy 31MPG city and 34MPG highway and the ways you can trick it out. Who would have thought that you could get a brand new vehicle for only $13,000 and trick it out and it would only cost you about $21,046. You can trick out the rims the exaust pipe and audio system to about 2000 watts of power. The name "Scion" is actually a low priced Toyota aimed ay young buyers. The scion xB also has 160HP V6 engine. The xB is also available with a 4-speed automatic transmission. The 4-speed automatic tranmission can about $14,440.

Wow
By mike on 03/21/05 02:36 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Very practical great standard options. Only wish it had a little more horsepower.

Think inside the BOX!
By Will Colley on 03/09/05 18:05 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Proud owner of a 2004 Orange Scion xB. NOTE: Scion only made 2100 orange xB, they are indeed rare... and if you are looking to get an orange one used is your only option. Naturally expect to pay a premium for rarity and extra feature only on orange xB, referred to as RS1's (relese series 1). I have a 5-speed (which tends to be harder to find in general among all Scions). Acceleration is average with the 5-speed. Below average with the auto (adds 1.5 sec to 0- 60 time). Stanadrd features are very adequate for most, option accessories tend to be pricey. Non-negotable price on EVERYTHING no exceptions lead most to order vehicles and wait rather picking one off lot. I would recommend this car to anyone except speed demons.

Scion - A Blast
By Steve Lehtman on 02/26/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun I've had driving a vehicle at this price point. It is unexpectedly peppy. The interior space is quite surprising and roomy. Gas mileage is excellent (around 30mpg). The sound system (6 CD changer) is amazing. It is like driving a huge boom box.

Its okay, if you like weird cars.
By Shea babin on 01/24/05 16:49 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like the way the Scion xB looks. It is easy to get my kids in and out of. It doesn't get as good gas mileage as I thought it would nor what Scion claimed it would. The interior its very cute.

Enjoy!
By Tim Castro on 01/03/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very nimble and has suprisingly good pick-up for a V-4 and smaller liter size. The car has a great look and is eye pleasing. In fact the only problem other than outside noise when driving is everyone looking at you. That may not be a bad thing for some people. If you decide to put on 18 inch or 19 inch rims make sure you put on super tires. This can really cause a rough ride on bumpy roads or cause your rims to bend if tires are cheap. I recommend Pirelli's and smooth roads.

fun box
By p benton on 12/29/04 10:13 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

very fun, economical vehicle. ride with stock tires was a little harsh, but a set of pirelli's helped a lot. quality of fit and finish is outstanding. the offset speedo and info panel is rather awkward. really dont like it all but car is so much fun to drive i'll live with it