2004 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Great Car
By janelle on 04/18/06 08:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB is a very nice car. It's great to run around town in, packing the kids and their stuff. So far it has been very dependable, we have not had a problem in two years. It's fun to be asked "what is that?"

Love to cube-it!
By Steve on 03/10/06 17:04 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We got our Box in August 2003. It has been a great ride. Big inside, small outside -- how'd they do it? Best features are reliability, fit & finish, thoughtful design, overall quality & it's cheap to get, cheap to run. Plus, it's fun to drive! Wish list: cruise control, side curtain airbags.

I Love It
By Beth karch on 02/26/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my xB for one and a half years. It still seems new to me, nothing is breaking or malfunctioning. The interior still looks new with little up keep. I have owned many models and makes of cars. My xB and a Mazda Miata are the best cars I have ever owned.

xB is FUNctional!
By Debralynn on 02/25/06 05:06 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I fell for the xB at first sight. I needed a reliable car for a long commute, am as happy as can be with my little black box today as I was the day I drove it off the lot. It's FUNky, it's FUNctional, it's just plain FUN.

A Little Sports Car Lies Beneath
By 26 xB owner on 02/11/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Forget the xB's exterior styling, you won't see it inside the car. In fact, it's box shape makes it a roomy car. Buy one and you'll think you're stealing from Toyota. I've brought home a 27" TV with it's package. I doubt you can pull that one off in a Camry. It's so roomy it'll have people fighting over the rear seats. The ABS help me saved a little kid within a week of delivery. When the curve says 25, you can throw it in there at 35 and edge it up to 45. The steering is light but NOT numb like many other Toyota products. I only wish it had an extra gear (more on that). If the Miata is a solid 10 in fun to drive and the Celica is a 9, the xB is a respectible 8. But those are only toy cars.

Love It
By Stephanie on 10/19/05 07:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2004 Scion xB. At first my husband had to do some convincing but it paid out in the end! With gas prices the way they are you can't go wrong with this little car and you still have the room to haul things. It is a different car but its also fun to drive and watch the other people give you a weird look because it is so new to Minnesota.

The little box that could...
By Liz on 08/08/05 19:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did a google search on new cars that cost $15,000 or less and this car was in the group. I had never seen it on the streets before and took a look at it at the dealership. After the test drive, I researched this vehicle. Consumer Reports rates it as a good buy, and it is one of the best for fuel economy. Also rated excellent for interior room...who could deny that. Great for tall or disabled people. Forget about this being a "youth" car, I'm 46 and I love it. I also got the manual, and it's so fun to drive! I bought it on e-bay, and drove it from CT to IN, 1,000 miles w/no problems. Scion = Toyota = Quality!

My Scion (Artoo is his name)
By Scion Fan on 07/20/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Five adults go out to dinner in this car, it's so roomy -- one is 6'5". When we go out with another couple, they always want to take our Scion. I have hip/knee arthritis, but no problem getting in and out. 93 year old mother-in-law can do it alone. It's little on the outside, but huge on the inside. It also drives/corners like a sports car -- just not low- slung. Good visibility 360 degrees. No blind spots. Toyota quality, 100% Japanese made. What more could you want?

Great unusual inexpensive roomy car!
By Isaak on 05/19/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

By the price I paid it's the best car I could buy! Unusually roomy, camfortable enough, peppier then I was thinking, gave me 32.5 mpg (auto) with a/c on on the highway (250 mi trip). I added a central front armrest ($99, eBay), 3 output lighter socket for my cell and radar detector, map light and batt. operated trunk light (all for $30, Walmart) That's it! If you are not expecting to buy BMW or Mercedes for $15K you are going to be extremely happy! Have a great ride!

jfuentes
By john fuentes on 05/12/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

it's a great car I love it and hope that the new t2b is great too.