Used 2004 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Kids love to play with a box, so do I!
By Lil' xB Box

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This head turning box is so fun & easy to drive. My husband, 62, wasn't sure what to think when I took him to the dealership to test drive my xB. He wasn't sure if I had just lost it or was going through my second childhood. After our test drive, he was sold. A few may not like this car at first glance, but it doesn't take long for them to change their minds. For the price, there is not a car I would rather own.

Small outside, but roomy inside! My son is 6'2" and has 3" of knee and head clearance which he doesn't have in our SUV. For a four banger, it is quit peppy and gas efficient! My xB is so easy to maneuver due to its size and turning radius. I couldn't be happier with it.

Inside arm rests for the front seats would be a definate improvement.

WOW
By The Law aka M3

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The xB is amazing. Many words to describe such a great car, but I can't think of them all!

Very large interior for a small car.

Wider wheelbase or fender to accomodate larger size wheels, stronger engine, change plastic front grill to steel front chromed grill, change gauge cluster to traditional style.

Love the Scion XB
By ScionXBowner

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got a new 2004 model with 3 miles on it for under 15g. It is very roomy and comfortable. Its not the fastest thing but thats not what its meant to be. Almost 40 miles to the gallon. Would buy it allover again. Thanks Toyota. Also 5 year UNLIMITED mile warranty!

Design

The wind nocks it around more than most cars, can that be fixed?

Finally a fun drive
By Mike70jul

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just got the car last week and love it. Enough power for around town and commuting, but I am looking forward to adding some Scion performance items to enhance the power. Ride is a bit stiff, but not bad. Dealing with the salesman was surprisingly pleasant, and the buying process was efficient. Body metal is light guage and some interior plastic is not very stout, but for the price, + - 16,000, not bad.

gas milage + - 32, fun to drive, and I have never owned a car that got such positive comments from strangers.

I wish Scion would include some perfomance enhanceing features as standard items. Seats are a bit uncomfortable for me. 6'-4" 270 lbs, but not awful.

Just Great
By Phat

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is 1 of the best cars i have ever driven.