2004 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
so cool
By drater on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

the ultimate urban transpot/party wagon. Looks good, drives good, dirt cheap. What more could you ask for?

i wish
By car on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

excellent but too small engine not enough power especially going uphill

PT Cruiser with an Edge
By chuck858 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Similar only in in small outside/roomy inside. But as good as the Crooz may be, this box is funkier, handles quite well, gets better gas mileage, and doesn't feel slow in real-world driving. The five speed with optional front strut support and cold air intake is fun to drive, especially with my added 16x7" wheels and 205WR50/16 tires. No racer, but practical and very comfy for 4 XL adults. It's 30+ mpg makes most SUV's obscene by comparison, for street and highway use.

The shape of things to come
By Ernest on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this because I could no longer drag myself out of my sports car. I can't believe the ease of entry & exit. It is fun to drive and gets plenty of looks from fellow motorists. I love the mileage I get that I no longer need to buy premium.

X marks the spot
By thefoth on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With over 3000 miles logged it's time to say my part. In trying to figure out what I should buy as my first car I read countless reviews. At first I dismissed the Scion because it was only available in California, but once hooked on it I didn't stop until I owned one. I read every article and review I could find, and from personal experience I'd say it has come through with everything it was said to be and more. From the no pressure sales and extremely nice dealer experience to all the enjoyment I've gotten out of this extremely versatile car. I am beginning to modify it and personalize it and feel that it will make an awesome cruiser.

I Love My xBox
By Mke on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really love this little box on wheels, in only the 1st week I put on more than 2400 miles. It is sooo much fun to drive. Great handling, good MPG (30+) and I don't baby the gas either, runs great on the freeways. I love this car and I'm an old (57)fart too.

Rattles fixed/MPG gets better?
By hgardiner on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Rattles from the dash took two visits to fix! CD player keeps skipping here and there for no apparant reason (audio cds). The rear bumper looks uneven, but I will worry about that later while under warranty.

Love my XB!
By BOXCAR RACER on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love it! Mine came with leather and a sunroof installed by dealership. They knew people would want this feature! I love driving it, oh how everyone stares! Sound system is excellent, soooo much room! It feels sooo huge inside compared to how it looks on the outside!

gotta stick with a toyota
By oaktown hipsters on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really wasn't shopping for a car, but knew I was dissatisified with the one I had. I sat in the Scion and I was sold. I love this vehicle.

Poor A/C on an otherwise brilliant car
By basiegal on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We made an special effort to find, buy and ship this car back to Dallas after my wife test drove on in Santa Rosa. At the test drive my wife reported the A/C seemed weak. On delivery we found the A/C marginal at over 100F. Taken to the local Toyota dealer found the air mix control off but this did little to fix overall performance. Appears the is the first of a new system of not compressor clutch. Its a shame the system is underpowered as the rest of the car is like nothing else on the market.