2004 Scion xB Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2004 xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Sort Reviews by

i wish
By car

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

excellent but too small engine not enough power especially going uphill

Suggested Improvements

it will be nice if the manufacturer put a bigger engine at least 2.0 liter and more horsepower. put a bigger engine at least 2.0 and more horsepower and torqe

so cool
By drater

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

the ultimate urban transpot/party wagon. Looks good, drives good, dirt cheap. What more could you ask for?

Favorite Features

Price,design,standard features

Suggested Improvements

supercharge the sewing machine.

PT Cruiser with an Edge
By chuck858

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Similar only in in small outside/roomy inside. But as good as the Crooz may be, this box is funkier, handles quite well, gets better gas mileage, and doesn't feel slow in real-world driving. The five speed with optional front strut support and cold air intake is fun to drive, especially with my added 16x7" wheels and 205WR50/16 tires. No racer, but practical and very comfy for 4 XL adults. It's 30+ mpg makes most SUV's obscene by comparison, for street and highway use.

Favorite Features

Ability to customize a very-well-made, inexpensive car with character. Standard sound system has quality. Nearly as nimble as a Mini Cooper, and roomier for your friends/family.

Suggested Improvements

A supercharger or turbo option w/warranty, though mileage would go under 30. Cruise control should be offered if not standard, as should an anterior map light and visor mirror for passenger. Would prefer warranty longer than 3Y/36,000M.

The shape of things to come
By Ernest

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this because I could no longer drag myself out of my sports car. I can't believe the ease of entry & exit. It is fun to drive and gets plenty of looks from fellow motorists. I love the mileage I get that I no longer need to buy premium.

Favorite Features

The best feature is the Stereo, all 160 watts of it. Next is the dark tinted windows from behind the driver's door back, they really add to it's looks!

Suggested Improvements

Interior lighting, in front by the rear view mirror and also the control for adjusting the outside mirrors should be background lit to find it at night!

X marks the spot
By thefoth

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With over 3000 miles logged it's time to say my part. In trying to figure out what I should buy as my first car I read countless reviews. At first I dismissed the Scion because it was only available in California, but once hooked on it I didn't stop until I owned one. I read every article and review I could find, and from personal experience I'd say it has come through with everything it was said to be and more. From the no pressure sales and extremely nice dealer experience to all the enjoyment I've gotten out of this extremely versatile car. I am beginning to modify it and personalize it and feel that it will make an awesome cruiser.

Favorite Features

The utility of its practical shape, size and ability combined with decent suspension and handling characteristics; also, there are tons of options for what I can do to it with aftermarket parts.

Suggested Improvements

I plan on adding cruise control and a sunroof. I don't mind that these did not come from the factory, it's probably cheaper to have them installed aftermarket.

I Love My xBox
By Mke

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really love this little box on wheels, in only the 1st week I put on more than 2400 miles. It is sooo much fun to drive. Great handling, good MPG (30+) and I don't baby the gas either, runs great on the freeways. I love this car and I'm an old (57)fart too.

Favorite Features

The look of it, a real head turner. Lots of room, good MPG,

Suggested Improvements

more interior lighting, hard to find the cup holders in the dark.

Rattles fixed/MPG gets better?
By hgardiner

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Rattles from the dash took two visits to fix! CD player keeps skipping here and there for no apparant reason (audio cds). The rear bumper looks uneven, but I will worry about that later while under warranty.

Favorite Features

Space is awesome, fun to drive, handles well! Everyone keeps staring! I got the cold-air intake and would've got the exhaust if it were available at purchase time!

Suggested Improvements

Plastic interior easy to scuff/mark, even with just seatbelts falling back. I wish the front seats had pockets in the back too. Tires and wheels are small- ish...something I might have to fix later with aftermarket parts.

Love my XB!
By BOXCAR RACER

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love it! Mine came with leather and a sunroof installed by dealership. They knew people would want this feature! I love driving it, oh how everyone stares! Sound system is excellent, soooo much room! It feels sooo huge inside compared to how it looks on the outside!

Favorite Features

My Sunroof! But as for stock options, the dash! It is cool but wierd at first driving at night with your steering wheel area dark!

Suggested Improvements

Definitely a center console and maybe driver armrest!

gotta stick with a toyota
By oaktown hipsters

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really wasn't shopping for a car, but knew I was dissatisified with the one I had. I sat in the Scion and I was sold. I love this vehicle.

Favorite Features

It has great visability. It handles well. It gets great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

more power. less noise.

Poor A/C on an otherwise brilliant car
By basiegal

2004 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We made an special effort to find, buy and ship this car back to Dallas after my wife test drove on in Santa Rosa. At the test drive my wife reported the A/C seemed weak. On delivery we found the A/C marginal at over 100F. Taken to the local Toyota dealer found the air mix control off but this did little to fix overall performance. Appears the is the first of a new system of not compressor clutch. Its a shame the system is underpowered as the rest of the car is like nothing else on the market.

Favorite Features

Unbelievable amount of space in a small package with good gas mileage, exvcellent handling and alot of bang for the buck.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the A/C before the rest of the USA get them in February. With the new intro how will these buyer know if the A/C works correctly?