2004 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Still getting the stare.
By Brian Bubonic on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

A few months into owning the car and I still have to answer the usual questions about it (ie: Who makes this? Is it a hybrid? Why did you buy such an ugly car?...) It's a fun ride and offers lots of space for passengers. I was in a minor accident a few weeks after buying the car and was surprised at how quickly parts were available for such a new model.

The perfect city car!
By civicguy on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a replacement for my Honda Civic that would be as fun to drive and reliable, but with more utility. After Toyota announced in 2002 that they would start selling the Toyota bB (as it's called in Japan) in California this year, my decision was pretty much made! For my review see favorite features and suggested improvements below...

very impressed
By mrlaker1 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

i sell other makes of cars and i bought this one because of it's value. it's just a great car for the money

Too much fun...
By TBP on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have put almost 3,000 miles on this car and I still look forward to driving it around. I can't believe that such a tiny car feels so huge on the inside. Upon first seeing it, most of my friends didn't even know what it was and they were shocked to learn that was cheaper than the Civic I drove before my xB. Everyone agrees that it feels like a higher end vehicle.

love it so far
By andergtr on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

i picked up the xB as a second car. my main car is a 2002 BMW 325ci, but i drive 30K miles a year and have some big cargo requirements, too. so far it has been great, with one, hopefully isolated, exception, and that was when the car power-stalled on different occasions coming off the freeway. the problem was checked out by the dealer (no problems found) and has not occurred since. well, one more gripe...the gas mileage is nowhere near their claimed levels. i've been averaging 28 mpg on mixed city/highway driving.

In a Nutshell
By Cubism on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This unique looking vehicle is living up to, and surpassing the promotional advertising and sales pitches that I heard before I purchased it two weeks ago.The "Toyota" quality workmanship, and the interior design are both excellent values.The handling far exceeds my expectations, and boy! do I feel good stopped at a light next to a gas-guzzler SUV. YES, I care about the environment.This little fuel efficient cube fits my family of four to a T.

Xb!!!
By BigV on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

had it for almost two months and already put on over 3000 miles. love the attention it gets.

Scion xB
By Jeremy Hanna on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a quality vehicle.

Fun car
By scionbeliever on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car!I'm a 27-year old female and i don't regret buying the car for a minute.It's good-looking, lots of interior space,and an incredible price.People have given me mixed reviews on what they think of it,but the nay-sayers are just set in their ways and afraid of anything new.The only bad thing about this car is my insurance is more expensive, because they're expecting 20-something unmarried males to be buying the car.Also, I would have liked to have the option of a sunroof.Otherwise, no complaints at all.

Scion owner and fan
By bea golden on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The drive is smooth and with very little outside noise. Price is reasonable and we loved the uniqueness of the car. Gas mileage is good, averages 23 miles per gallon combined city and highway.The seating is comfortable and we loved the placement of the gauges. The leg room and the head room is great for anyone.I have never owned a car that got as much attention as this has. I am repeatedly being stopped and asked what kind of car I have,who makes it,and most of the time they are leaning in to get a better look.