2004 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Coot Scoot
By xB Coot on 10/23/06 11:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a van w/o the huge size so I bought an xB. It fits me to a "T." It is fairly comfy for long trips, not too noisy and easy to drive. It fits my dog and two passengers plus our luggage, or me plus 3 HS Football players and their equipment with legroom to spare. I hope it'll last at least 16 more years!

Over 40? Easy Entry, Easy Exit
By Smitty on 09/27/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Thundercloud Blue Metallic 'B' was the first one ordered and delivered to the MIDWEST via Molle Toyota, KC, Mo. Ordered it with AEM, H-strut, security system, amber footlights, and chrome doorsills. I added an armrest this past year, it wasn't available in 2003. It gets between 29 (summer heat) and 36 MPG. I only drive 5 miles to work, but it will double next year to 10. I use it weekends for short trips, chores, jaunts under 200 miles; drive it roundtrip once a month to St. Joe MO. My wife loves it - after I got the armrest. I expect to drive it as a commuter until I retire next decade... unless a better 'B' comes along! My only problem with it was a broken driver's door latch, which was fixed under warranty.

No One Knew
By SCION on 07/09/06 17:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Whwn we bought our Scion xB in 2003, most people had not even heard of a Scion. We took a trip cross country in our "Little Baby Boots," we had the best drive. It is great on gas and confort, and easy for my handicaped wife to get in and out of. We could not have asked for any better car. The funny thing was, the further East we got the less people knew what a Scion was, even a Highway Patrol officer pulled us over to ask what it was, so not only did we have a great ride, we had a lot of fun.

Best of Two worlds
By paulcat on 07/06/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Scion xB A/T. I recently took a 2,000 mile trip through the east, averaging 34.8 mpg at about 75 mph with the AC on. It rides according to the road surface, meaning, a good road = a good ride...jarring bumps, you get the picture. I'm 6'1" and 230 lbs. and find it to be an easy drive. My mate is 5'0" and 135 pounds, and she gets excellent thigh support, but the pedals are far away, with the steering wheel very close, and the proximity of the A pillar and the outside mirror blocks her line of sight. I chose the xB because it was the BEST compromise between a van and a compact car, that suited my style.

Unbelievable
By mark qualls on 06/30/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my xB knowing it lacked brute horsepower, but have not yet been in a situation where I needed it. It seems to have enough power and I can't believe the high speed cornering this car is capable of. It handles like a sports car, a good one. I'm going to buy another new car soon and it will be eityher a Corvette or an xB, probably the xB because "I can afford it".

Splendid little box
By professor on 05/07/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The xBox is a testament to "less is more" school. It's small on the outside but big on the inside. You must sit in it to believe it. I can take three friends to lunch in comfort and still fit in the tightest parking space with ease. The xB is splendid in its simplicity, and simply splendid. It's fun to drive and gets 30 mpg. It is a great around town car, which is what I use it for.

Cowmuting Cube
By dulcimoo on 04/30/06 08:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the box for cowmuting. (It’s “painted” in a black and white “cow” pattern) Even with four full grown men the box does well with the auto. Passing up hill is no problem if you lock out the overdrive. It deals well with the traffic on I15 and I5. I have had only two minor problems (the inside fan was making a “ticking” noise – free warranty repair, rear air dam was tweaked after some road trash – self repaired.). The MP3 CD player does well. Luggage space is a little tight when we are all off to work with all our junk, but we manage. The rear window wiper is almost useless. It goes, stops, and rocks, what more cud you want!

30,000 miles and counting
By Chuckie on 04/18/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My xB's only downside is the choppy ride. I love the fact that all four tall adults can ride with their hats on and not be cramped. With the rear seats folded down, trips to Costco or the nursery are easier than in any sedan. The noise level at high speeds is about the same as in my new Odyssey.

Love This Car!
By Wendy on 04/18/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a family of four, and I am so pleased with all that this car has to offer. While the exterior of the car would lead you to believe that it's small, it is extremely spacious. It's comfortable to drive. We had an SUV, but with gas prices climbing, we were looking for something more fuel efficient, yet still roomy. It's great on gas and comfort. It's also great to look at. It's really something different, and I see heads turn all the time. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Love Affair
By scion xb on 04/18/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am completely excited about my xB now, just as I was the day that I spotted her. I love her sleek boxy look, and the looks that I get from others while in it. The drive is very smooth and it handles well. I wish it had more horse power though.