2006 Scion xA Consumer Review: We love our xA

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Review

2006 Scion xA

We love our xA
By Ted F on

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have approximately 2000 miles so far. Primarily used on the highway at 65-75 mph. Vehicle tacs between 3300-3700 rpm at those speeds but still rides quiet and smooth. A 6th gear would be great. Vehicle handles sweet. Very much please with all aspects so far. Highway/city mpg combined average nets us 36-39, just what I wanted. I know on a long road trip (mostly highway) I will exceed 40 mpg. Stereo and standard pw and doorlocks are great. For the price Scion had more options than the 4dr Yaris. Very pleased again with our decision. Had to minimize the gas and oil companies impact on my wallet. It is just transportation to and from work. Time for all to change!

Gas mileage. Fits into any parking spot. Zipping around. Smooth and quiet ride. Smoother than my 02 tacoma and quieter ride that our 99 Astro. Wife just calls it her cute little car. She loves it also.

Sixth gear would probably increase gas mileage into the 50-55 mpg or better. I do understand it would have a bogging effect if in cruise and only tacing 2200 rpm, but if on the open highway with no hills this vehicle would handly compete withthe hybrid. I will be installing an armrest.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review