Not Just for Kids
By Scion Enthusiast on
2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
Anyone who thinks the Scion xA is just for the young and hip needs to look again! I'm 32, and I drive 80+ miles each day. The xA is a great commuter car and it has plenty of room for my family of three (plenty of room for a car seat). Its gas mileage will vary with driving style - I mostly drive highway, and find that mileage is directly related to speed. If you keep it under 65, you will get 35 - 37 mpg. At speeds over 65, you'll see low to mid-30s. My lowest mileage to date is 31 mpg. I absolutely love this car! It handles like a go-cart, and does great in snow and rain. While its acceleration is not neck breaking, it has plenty of pep for every day driving.
Favorite Features
The large windshield with great visibility. I love the wheel mounted radio controls (new on the 2006 model). While remote entry is not standard, door key allows the unlocking of all doors by turning the key twice.
Suggested Improvements
Make an armrest standard. This was a must for me, so I paid for the option... Give it a higher gear ratio for 5th gear. In 5th gear, you will get 20 mph for each 1,000 rpm. In other words, the engine is turning 3,000 rpm at 60 mph. I've gotten use to it, but I'd like to see the rpm lower at highway speeds.