Inexpensive, Economical, and a Blast to Drive
By Rich B. on
2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
Just hit 1,000 miles and one month on my Flint Mica XA and I am delighted with it. I love the exterior style and the stereo. This car came well equipped for a great price. I feel younger than my 50 years when driving it, my teenage daughters' friends call it "cool", I keep playing Springsteen's "Born to Run" - really loud. I pulled into a parking lot once and a woman had followed me to ask me about all about it. I love the peppy ride, the nimbleness, and the overall look and feel of the car. About 75% of my driving is in the 35 to 40 mph range - conservative driving, so far it looks like I'm north of 35 to 36 miles per gallon. Economics aside, my xA is a blast to scoot around town in.
Favorite Features
he exterior styling, seats, audio system, audio controls in the steering wheel, the aux jack, ease of laying down the back seats, the color, power windows, locks, mirrors, the high seating position, the visibility, and everything else, including the price.
Suggested Improvements
I would like a little more aggressive turn signal self cancel, which it would cancel once the wheels have straightend out, on some slight turns the turn signals keep flashing. I would also like to see a little more top end - how 'bout 2,000 - 2,500 rpms at 75 mph, no big deal in the city. Floor mats would be nice!