I love this car!!
By Christina on
2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought mine in 02/2006, and as of 10/2007, I've put 42,000 miles on it. I love my xA. I have it decorated and always get looks and nice comments. It's been cross-country several times, and it's perfect for a 3 to 4 week roadtrip for 2 of us. The front is very roomy, though the backseat can get tight for adults. With rear seats folded down, the cargo space is huge. I get 32 to 34 mpg, doing lots of highway driving, but frankly, it can vary wildly depending on the quality of gas. I once got 10% ethanol in Illinois, and only got 26 mpg on that tank, but that's very unusual. I'm bummed that they've discontinued the xA in favor of the xD. I was planning on buying another xA in a couple years.
Favorite Features
The look, the handling, the space. I love how high you sit, considering it's a small, zippy car. Fantastic stereo system, great layout for the entire console. Easy to park. A/C works well. Eye-catching.
Suggested Improvements
The OEM tires were awful - lots of slipping and hydroplaning. Buying it again, I'd get the stick shift because it doesn't always shift when it should. Could use rear-intermittent wipers. The blind spots take a bit of getting used to, but I haven't personally found them to be problematic.