Great ride but.....
By Roxanne on
2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
My Scion xA rides/handles great. Seat very comfortable for my 5'7". O/S it's so CUTE too! However, high engine noise on highway makes me want to shift to 5th gear but I'm IN 5th!! Not smooth shifting either. Center speedometer?? Think again. Scion inside material (only choice) black makes the cars (roomy for a little car) interior feel suffocatingly small. Interior textures hard to clean too! My 02 Ford Focus's grey interior feels SO much bigger, cleaner and is easier to clean !! 06 xA's cup holder wont hold a coffee cup. No handle cutout so sits at an angle, sloshing. Sorry!
Favorite Features
06 handling and seating feel great for me. Car so CUTE!! I like stereo's "mute" button, also channel and sound buttons on the steering wheel. Seats fold down so easily. Good rear viewing when backing up but large blank gap in rear and side view mirror area when pulling out to pass... dangerous!
Suggested Improvements
Fix that blank area for passing! Really a problem!! Quiet engine noise. Smooth out that manual shifter. Lighter color and smoother texture interior. Put cutout in cup holder Move speedometer to left. Drop oil change counter. Make the volume button, volume ONLY. The rest keep!