Good car for long commutes
By melissa on
2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
While it doesn't have the power of my last car, a V6 Mercury Cougar, I knew I would have to make a trade-off for the better gas mileage. Mostly picked this car for the promised fuel efficiency but am a little disappointed in that area. Hoping the lower cost of upkeep will make up for the lack of fuel savings. Also, was a little concerned about the safety of such a small car, but had my first accident in it last month. After being side-swiped by a much larger truck, I was amazed at how little damage was done to the car. Mostly cosmetic. Not even a bump or bruise on me. Would definitely recommend it to anyone in any age group who wants something economical and still fun to drive.
Favorite Features
Love the appearance. Mine is a sportier limited edition with fancy grill and spoiler which takes away from the economy-car look. Also love the steering wheel radio controls and cargo space.
Suggested Improvements
Moon roof would definitely be nice. Since I bought my xA in the winter, I thought the slow warm-up time was normal. Not getting any better with the warmer temps though. Different material for the dashboard. The stuff there now is a pain to try and keep clean.