2006 Scion xA Consumer Review: Best new driver car and more

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Best new driver car and more
By mszo23 on

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car in 2010 a few days after I passed my driving exam. This was the first car I drove on the highway, and it taught me everything I need to know about safety driving. I bought it with 40,000mi on it and now I'm up to 90,000. This car has taken 4 1300mi trips from Upstate NY to Florida, a trip to Myrtle Beach, monthly trips to NYC, weekly trips to Niagara Falls, and much MUCH more. It has never failed on me and I only had a minor issue (around a hundred bucks in repairs) once. It's a fantastic car and I'm planning on driving it until it can take no more, which I know will not happen for another few years.

Favorite Features

It's small and can fit in many tight spaces, BUT the interior is surprisingly big. When you fold the back seats you have an absolutely massive amount of space (I fit a wide screen tv and a dresser in it w/o issues). It's great on gas (takes around thirty five bucks to fill), and it rides smooth.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing to keep in mind is that the car is very light. You will feel the wind a lot during winter, but handling is great and that can help you get a better feel of your car. Make sure you install great tires, and you're good to go.