2006 Scion xA Consumer Review: Best Car for the Money!

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Review

Best Car for the Money!
By Brian Jones on

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 Scion xA for over a year. It's been a fun, practical, and economical auto. With the automatic transmission and city driving, I've averaged about 30-34 mpg while squeezing out a solid 40 mpg highway; with the caveat that you must keep the speed under 65 MPH to do so. The car is roomy, comfortable, and comes with more standard features than any similar vehicle in its class. I've hauled a 27" television, groceries from Costco, and a Coleman portable generator in my little hatchback. The car is peppy in traffic, handles well, and steers on a dime making it easy to park. I compared it to the Rio, Aveo, and Focus and the xA was the best bang for the buck with Toyota service.

The agile handling and acceleration, even up hills. The roomy seating, I'm 6'2" and drive comfortably. The Pioneer AM/FM/CD that comes standard with the option to add iPod docks. the great gas mileage. The sporty looks, the car looks as good in person as in the advertisements. I get many inquiries about the car.

Give it gauges instead of warning lights. I'd rather monitor my own oil pressure and engine temperature rather than relying on a warning light. A fifth gear on the automatic transmission would be great as well. While it's peppy in acceleration, it could use an extra highway gear.