2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Grandma's Scion
By SHARJEN on 11/29/06 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion xA. It is fun, reliable, and economical.

Scion xA
By slnthntr on 11/29/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive, with the 5-speed manual I am getting 36 mpg in the city. It handles the corners great and has outstanding acceleration.

Great Little Ride
By R McInerney on 11/25/06 06:31 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This little car car has a smooth comfortable ride and its maneuverability is great. It's tiny and cute outside, but has plenty of room for adult passengers in the front and back inside. Its large window area makes for really good view out of rear when backing. Driving the xA is a joy!

Good Deal for an Inexpensive Car
By Gerald McD. on 11/21/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is solid for an economy car. It handles extremely well, and the gas mileage is good. I drive mostly interstate miles, and I am getting between 34-35 MPG with the 5-speed manual transmission. The front seating is comfortable, the back seat is adequate, but not for longer trips. The extras that come as standard equipment (stereo, ABS, AC, etc.) really make this an outstanding deal. The only negative - it is a bit loud at interstate speeds, the engine is pushing 3,500 RPM at 70 mph.

Needs Another Gear
By Texan on 11/21/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA needs another gear, other than that, I like it. I still get 32-34 MPG at 75 mph, but it could use a little overdrive. The AC compressor seized up and burned up the belt. That shouldn't happen in a year-old car.

Love It!
By Kenneth Gardner on 11/04/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like getting behind the wheel of my '06 Scion xA. I have to get used to the front wheel drive. The only thing that I am missing is there is no space for beverage containers and no cruise control. The fuel mileage is very, very good.

Scion xA, Purchased Recently
By George on 11/02/06 12:53 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fine. I got used to the center pod dashboard quickly. The ONLY thing I could wish for, would be a 6th gear. At 80 mph, with a 5-speed manual, the engine is turning 4,000 RPM. That's fine, it has a 7,000 RPM redline, but there's no need to spin it so fast. There is no need to downshift on the highway. I drive in commuter traffic, 75-80 mph. In mixed driving, I get around 35 mpg.

Bad Gas Mileage
By Russell Watters on 10/27/06 08:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The window sticker showed 31 mpg city and 38 mpg highway. I have never even come close to that. The best I have gotten is is 23 city with the air off, 20 with it on and 27 on the highway. This car has been back to the dealer several times to check it and a Toyota rep came out last time. They say, "its only an estimate" too bad, you loose and we won't do anything about it. My other car, a 2001 Honda CR-V, get 27 mpg, need I say more. Don't buy this car for the gas mileage stated, it is 34% less than that.

I Love My xA.
By John on 10/08/06 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car i've ever bought. It's fun, it does what I need, and it's a good start if you're going to upgrade your ride.

Good Bang for the Buck
By BCSDAPD on 10/07/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA is a great little car with a few minor exceptions. Its gas mileage has been around 35 mpg, with mostly city miles. I have found the center mounted guage cluster better than traditional driver side. Its ride is smooth with very easy to reach control locations (audio, heat/AC, shifter knob, windows). I am 5'9" and sit just right inside. It has clear 360 degree views with little to no blind spots. It is perfect for scooting around town where performance is not an issue. I could see how large people could find it a bit cramped in leg/steering area. It has lots of head room though! I WOULD NOT take this on an extended road trip. Its RPM's do get into the 3,000's above 55 mph and gas goes fast with sluggish passing power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.